About Me

My photo
CT, United States
I'm Kate. I'm 25 and a busy nurse journeying through life! I'm restarting my weight loss journey! I started off with Jenny Craig but now I'm doing it on my own with the support of my beautiful bloggy friends!

Follow by Email

There was an error in this gadget

Sparkpeople

Join me at: SparkPeople.com

Join Sparkpeople Today! CLICK ME!

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Smashed by Winter Storm Alfred

Hi all,

I am not neglecting you. I live in CT as many of you know and I have been hit very hard by Winter Storm Alfred. A big tree hit my house, thankfully there is only surface damage but I barely made it out with my car. I will post pictures when I am able to. Power is out all over the state including at my condo. I am displaced, staying with friends who have a generator who I cannot thank enough. Without them I would be totally lost. They have kept me fed and showered and able to go out and see my patients.

I am still going to Ireland at the end of the week and it'll be a welcome relief to have power and food and life at my fingertips again. I haven't been following my diet. All Jenny Craig food spoiled. I am eating what's available and trying to do portion control. It's been a real struggle.

I love you all. Thanks so much to Taryn for her lovely care package. I went through its contents when I stopped into my condo to pack, it was 38 degrees and I was frozen stiff!! So I will go through it more thoroughly when I get power back! And I'll take pictures :D

Thanks,
Katelyn

No comments:

Post a Comment