About Me

My photo
CT, United States
I'm Kate. I'm 25 and a busy nurse journeying through life! I'm restarting my weight loss journey! I started off with Jenny Craig but now I'm doing it on my own with the support of my beautiful bloggy friends!

Follow by Email

There was an error in this gadget

Sparkpeople

Join me at: SparkPeople.com

Join Sparkpeople Today! CLICK ME!

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

C25K W6D3 & Starting Again

Well, I don't know what's wrong with me over these last few months. My motivation has slipped away...I am still running and exercising, that's good. But my eating? It's been CRAP! I ate out probably 4x last week and 3x the week before that. I haven't been packing healthy food or snacks... AHH! WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME!!!!!

So today I am starting again. I went out for an awesome run. It is SO HOT AND HUMID. Oh god...and I ran for 22 minutes straight and covered a distance of 1.89 miles. I did all the hills and stuff even though its mega humid and hot already. When I went out at 6:45am it was already 80 degrees and 100% humidity, that'll tell you how bad it was! It was a struggle but I was feeling good when I was running! I wasn't going super fast... but I kept a steady pace and was very proud of myself!

I was dripping with sweat though when I got back...holy moley! But I was very happy!



Next time I run (Saturday) I'll be starting week 7!!! I cannot believe it....I never thought I'd make it this far. I never though I would actually (dare I say it?) like running! I was actually happy that I got up and went running today! Woohoo! There were even some people out walking dogs and such that I said hello to. It's a nice community of people who get up early to exercise, even in this heat!

I went to Target afterward and literally got the nastiest coffee ever. I took one sip and almost spit it out. It was SO bitter and horrible. I had heartburn after that one sip...SO nasty! What the hell, Starbucks!? So after I wasted that money, I bought some healthy food items: lettuce (2 kinds), hummus, Sargento thin slices of cheese for sandwiches (40 cals each!), organic grapes, organic peppers, organic baby carrots, salsa...and I got myself a very special treat: FRESH PINEAPPLE! Oh god it was SO yummy...and healthy!

Today I'm going to start tracking religiously again. I know I'm going out to dinner with some friends on Friday night but I can make healthy choices. It's going to be good! I hope everyone is staying cool today! Drink plenty of fluids!

1 comment:

  1. Ok blogger is a biatch - just totally ate my comment. What a jerk!

    Anyways, week 7 is major, you are AWESOME! It only gets more empowering from here, when you are done you will KNOW you can do anything you put your mind too.
    22mins straight is such a HUGE milestone and you are kickin' ass girl!
    So proud <3

    ReplyDelete