About Me

My photo
CT, United States
I'm Kate. I'm 25 and a busy nurse journeying through life! I'm restarting my weight loss journey! I started off with Jenny Craig but now I'm doing it on my own with the support of my beautiful bloggy friends!

Sparkpeople

Join me at: SparkPeople.com

Join Sparkpeople Today! CLICK ME!

Saturday, July 21, 2012

C25K W7D1 + Triathlon News

Hi all!

This week has been really good for eating...except last night when I went out to dinner with some friends. It wasn't really bad and I actually left more than half of my meal on the plate, so I was proud of myself! I am really working on getting my eating back on track, to lose the weight I know I have to do it!!

And this morning at 6:45am I got up and went running! 25 minutes of running. YAY! In 25 minutes I ran 1.54 miles. Which I am not so happy with...I need to really step it up. Total distance with the warmup/cooldown was 2.06 miles which is a lot closer to the 3.1 I need for my 5K. My goal for the 5K in October is that I will run a 5K in 40 minutes or less. That is approximately a 12.5 minute mile. Is it possible? I am sure as heck going to try! I'm already at week 7 of this program and I feel I'm doing well. They also offer a 5K improver where you do sprints to increase your 5K time. I don't think I'll be able to FINISH the program before my 5K in October BUT I can do it along with the B210K program! The lovely and amazing Blog Wobble and the fantastic Rebecca at Weight Wars have inspired me!

One thing I noticed however when I was looking at 10K events. There are..none. I don't know if this is more a European thing but it seems around here when they have events there's a 5K, a half marathon and a marathon, nothing in between!! I am going to have to search far and wide...and maybe travel over the pond the ocean for my first 10K? :D

Also, I have decided that I am also going to start training for a Sprint Triathlon. Right now I'm in the process of looking for a bike. The "good" time trial/triathlon bikes are upwards of 2000 dollars. Yup...I am not buying a 2000 dollar bike. So I'm looking at good mountain bikes with at least 10 speeds...have narrowed it down to a few. We have this bike shop that's not far from here I may go check it out sometime soon! And I'm going to need to find someplace to swim too, so that's in the works! Anyone who wants to train with me, PLEASE let me know! I'd love you forever! I'll even make arrangements to travel if you want me to Tri with you (within reason).

Here's a nice sweaty picture of me to get you motivated (at least to take a shower) this morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment