About Me

My photo
CT, United States
I'm Kate. I'm 25 and a busy nurse journeying through life! I'm restarting my weight loss journey! I started off with Jenny Craig but now I'm doing it on my own with the support of my beautiful bloggy friends!

Follow by Email

There was an error in this gadget

Sparkpeople

Join me at: SparkPeople.com

Join Sparkpeople Today! CLICK ME!

Friday, July 13, 2012

Friday the 13th: MY ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY!!!!!



Today marks exactly one year that I've been making healthy changes. I started my weight loss journey one year ago with a heavier body and a heavier heart. While I know I have a long way to go...I realize I am making strides!

One year ago today, I was wearing a size 26/28 pants, 3XL shirt and 3XL scrubs for work. Today I am wearing a 16/18 in pants, an XL (or L!) in shirts and an XL scrubs!

One year ago today, I had no sense of portions or what a 'healthy' meal looked like. Now I (more often than not) eat them every day!

One year ago today, I got winded just walking upstairs to my condo and I couldn't run...AT ALL. Now, I am able to run for almost 2 miles and feel GREAT AFTER!

One year ago today, I was sad and was having a lot of issues with stress and anxiety. Today I am feeling great and am more comfortable with myself!

I have made so many positive changes! This last year has been awesome and although the last couple months I've been sort of falling off the wagon and not motivated, I know that I have changed for the better and this is a temporary setback! I'm reaffirming again today that I have lost over 50 pounds and I am 1/3 of the way to my goal! I CAN DO THIS!

I'm still doing C25K and am finishing up week 6 soon! I never thought I'd make it that far! After week one I was pretty sure I was going to quit...but I persevered and I'm LOVING it. Who knows! Maybe running is in my future! Maybe it was my destiny all along!?

I'm raising a glass (of water!) to this year and many more happy, healthy ones to come! CHEERS!

Let's have a little comparison...


Me at over 300 pounds...I didn't even want my face to be seen!

Me on Father's Day Weekend, all smiles for the camera!

I am so grateful to my lovely blog followers for sticking with me on this journey so far. I love you all and am looking forward to another year of blog mania!!! :D

5 comments:

  1. Happy healthy living anniversary Katelyn!! Such an improvement and you will only get better from here on. Congrats on your success thus far, and I look forward to reading along with the rest of your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy anniversary! Great changes throughout the year! Congratulations:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy anniversary ! O e year what a great journey you are on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post! Congrats on your weight loss, as well as the tremendous progress you've made in a year. One thing I’ve found to be extremely helpful and useful as a supplement to my current diet/exercise plan is Fullbar (www.fullbar.com). Not only do their products help you lose weight, they also help you maintain your weight loss.

    ReplyDelete