About Me

My photo
CT, United States
I'm Kate. I'm 25 and a busy nurse journeying through life! I'm restarting my weight loss journey! I started off with Jenny Craig but now I'm doing it on my own with the support of my beautiful bloggy friends!

Sparkpeople

Join me at: SparkPeople.com

Join Sparkpeople Today! CLICK ME!

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Christmas Catastrophe

I am telling you, these few weeks around the holidays are some of the most stressful that I've ever had in my life. I have crap mounting on top of me from work, peers, and family. I've been working nonstop for the last couple weeks, my days jammed absolutely beyond full to the point where I come home and want to cry...but I don't have time because I have to chart on all of my patients. Not to mention it seems like around this time of year, everyone is getting sicker and more depressed and it sucks. Moving on to peers, why is it that there always seems to be a friend who doesn't understand that you have to work? And that everything is a personal insult to them? I really don't need that right now, thanks. And then we have family...my uncle (the one with head and neck cancer) had an air embolism and then has had a horrible bout of pain from an unknown origin. In other words...very bad news. Then I have my mom asking me constantly if he's going to die and if I think the cancer has spread.

So between having absolutely no down time, working from 7am-10pm just about every day...it's been crazy. I had to work Christmas Eve and Christmas day, and I was the only nurse on the day after Christmas. I have been doing barely any exercise other than running my butt from place to place trying to see patients before they crash and burn. And eating...I think I should be the poster child for stress eating. With all the temptations around and none of the willpower, I've eaten like crap. Cookies, buffalo chicken dip, pigs in a blanket, shrimp cocktail, meatballs, turkey, stuffing, green bean casserole, fudge... I can go on but do I really need to?

I have to be honest with myself on this blog...but I tried to rationalize this bad eating in every way. Stress, it being the holidays, temptation. But really I knew it came from myself and my emotions.

I am going to Jenny Craig tomorrow and going to pick up some food...finally...I am not even sure I want to weigh in. I'm pretty sure I gained all the 40 pounds I lost back...

The next two days I finally have time off and I'm eating well, going to rest up, relax and jumpstart my weight loss as we kick off into a New Year!!

I hope everyone

No comments:

Post a Comment