About Me

My photo
CT, United States
I'm Kate. I'm 25 and a busy nurse journeying through life! I'm restarting my weight loss journey! I started off with Jenny Craig but now I'm doing it on my own with the support of my beautiful bloggy friends!

Follow by Email

There was an error in this gadget

Sparkpeople

Join me at: SparkPeople.com

Join Sparkpeople Today! CLICK ME!

Monday, May 21, 2012

Struggles

Motivation has been a really big problem for me this month...I do pretty well about 80% of the time...but the other 20% I've been making bad food choices. I especially am struggling on the weekends lately. I have been spending more time with friends and family, and with that seems to come food. I try and increase activity on those days but...I don't know. I'm doing No Weigh May and I'm thinking that after that (I'm expecting a big gain, UGH I am trying to get msyelf back on track) I NEED to do weekly weigh ins to keep myself honest. And I haven't been doing well with the RFSC because I feel like I have NO time. I'm LOVING the new job and I feel GREAT about it. I just am having a lot of knowledge crammed in my head, my brother is home for the summer and having some medical troubles, plus my grandparents came down this weekend...


AHHH! So much to do, so little time!

And this upcoming weekend is Memorial Day so I'll be with family at BBQs and parties. So I need to really work on making good choices...like I said, during the week I do fantastic. I make awesome choices and I'm active. But the weekends I tend to eat out or go a little overboard. Although to my credit, I did only ONE big splurge this weekend on Wednesday! So I did stick to that goal...

But this requires some real working and ANY TIPS FOR MOTIVATION WOULD BE AWESOME!!!!


I have found some healthy things that I LOVE!

One would be 3/4 cup Peanut Butter Multigrain Cheerios with 1/2 cup light vanilla soymilk and 1/2 sliced banana. SO YUMMY!


The other is a Light Mocha Coconut Frappacino! IT TAKES LIKE A SAMOA GIRL SCOUT COOKIE! SO YUMMY!

160 calories and 0.5 g of fat in a grande...and it is AMAZING. I brought my own to-go cup AND got a discount. Healthy and discounted. WOO.

Try it, you will not be disappointed!

2 comments:

  1. i soooo feel your pain -- i love that i am socializing more but with that comes food & beverages that have uber calories and less time to work them off!

    at least we recognize & are addressing the issue, right?

    xxoo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That frappacino sounds good!
    Thanks for you comment earlier, you have been such a source of support and encouragement to me through out this journey. You have no idea how much you help me each time you stop by.
    YOU are amazing, and beautiful and self-less. I am thankful to have you in my bloggy world <3
    I am so glad you like your new job too, you deserve to be happy.

    ReplyDelete