About Me

My photo
CT, United States
I'm Kate. I'm 25 and a busy nurse journeying through life! I'm restarting my weight loss journey! I started off with Jenny Craig but now I'm doing it on my own with the support of my beautiful bloggy friends!

Sparkpeople

Join me at: SparkPeople.com

Join Sparkpeople Today! CLICK ME!

Sunday, January 13, 2013

Hooray!!!!!!!


Happy Sunday!

I called in this morning to get my assignment and they don't need me to work today. God is so good!! I have been praying very hard to get a break. If I didn't get today off I'd have 2 more days on before I got 1 day off. So this is a very welcome relief after having already worked all week and Saturday.

Last night I could hardly sleep, I felt so horrible and anxious. I kept mulling over my bad day and everything about it. I don't know what time I fell asleep (I got in bed around 9:30pm) but I woke up before my alarm, feeling well rested. You can't beat that! I made myself a cup of coffee with a little bit of half and half and read the paper. I'm getting another week of couponing all queued up!!

Recently (as in over the last 3 months) I have really started getting into couponing, I've always used coupons but I never really focused on the deals that I could find. I just bought things I needed and if there was a coupon, great! But now I'm looking at things I need to buy, checking the Target circuar (I always shop target because I have a RedCard and get 5% off on top of my deals) and their coupons online, clipping from the paper and using Coupons.Com!! All in all, my couponing takes about 20 minutes... last week at Target I saved $73.76 using coupons, then I got $7.33 off from my RedCard and then I got $25 worth of giftcards back with the promotion they were running! Not to mention I am completely set for at LEAST one year (if not more) with: toothpaste, garbage bags, paper towels, toilet bowl cleaner and tissues. At LEAST six months (if not more) with dishwasher detergent, toilet paper, and feminine hygiene products. These are all items that won't go bad that I can store in my garage and in the bathroom withou cluttering things up...and I saved an insane amount of money!


My total before any discounts was $252... now this includes ALL of the stocking up items AND all of my weekly groceries (including 10 Lean Cuisines). With my coupons and everything, my total (AFTER tax) was 170.90...and then on top of that I have $25 in giftcards to use the next time I am at the store. Not too shabby, eh? I'm set for a year plus on many essential items, so imagine taking all of that off your weekly grocery bill... that makes me a very happy lady!

Look for my Wednesday Couponing Extravaganza (And weigh in) this week <3

****P.S. For some reason Blogger ate ALL OF THE BLOGS I USED TO FOLLOW!! When I first came back o my blog all of the ones I had were gone. I don't know why this happened. But if you have a blog, can you leave me a link so I can add them to my blog list? You all are the best!

5 comments:

  1. Wow! That's a lot of supplies. I'm glad you are feeling better after such a stressful week.

    ~Enyonam
    http://transitioningto143.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my New Years goals is to 'learn' couponing. I live in the middle of no where, and none of the newspapers I have available to me, have coupons. And Im afraid to go online for fear of finding fake sites!! I will be stalking you religiously for tips and hints!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe how much money you saved!! go you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job with the saving on the coupons. I use coupons but have been really felt like I need to swing into some more heavy couponing to save more money!

    http://mfclingan.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. i really wish i could catch the couponing bug -- hell i don't even clip ANY coupons and have no good reason as to why not...
    xxoo

    http://theracyredhead.com/

    ReplyDelete