About Me

My photo
CT, United States
I'm Kate. I'm 25 and a busy nurse journeying through life! I'm restarting my weight loss journey! I started off with Jenny Craig but now I'm doing it on my own with the support of my beautiful bloggy friends!

Sparkpeople

Join me at: SparkPeople.com

Join Sparkpeople Today! CLICK ME!

Saturday, January 12, 2013

Rough Day

Well,

I ended by day bawling my eyes out in my car on the way back home to chart 2 very difficult admissions and a revisit (which wasn't that bad). My first admission I spent three whole hours being verbally abused by a patient...it was one of the most horrible, degrading experiences in my life and I could say nothing about it. I was already shaking and upset when I left there and went to the second admission. This patient was very sweet but was incredibly sick, it was very stressful for me. My last visit of the day was an adorable person who actually made my day bearable. She reminded me of why I became a nurse... BTW It wasn't to be verbally abused and degraded.

After I got home I was in tears, under so much stress after working ALL week then being forced to work the weekend. I talked at length to the weekend supervisor (I kept all of my personal feelings out of it, go me!) and she stated she took it to a higher power w/ how the patient treated me.

Of course as I'm in the middle of my stress breakdown, my mom called and insisted on coming over. She also brought me some thai food. I love thai food and its healthier than other takeout! I had drunken noodles with tofu and veggies, lots of water and I felt better. It also helped to talk things over with my mom. I still feel horrible and stressed but I can do this. I can. I need to.

Prayers would be appreciated for my sanity today.

No comments:

Post a Comment