About Me

My photo
CT, United States
I'm Kate. I'm 25 and a busy nurse journeying through life! I'm restarting my weight loss journey! I started off with Jenny Craig but now I'm doing it on my own with the support of my beautiful bloggy friends!

Sparkpeople

Join me at: SparkPeople.com

Join Sparkpeople Today! CLICK ME!

Friday, January 11, 2013

So much stress...

Hi all!

I need to rant and rave a little bit today because if I don't, I feel like I might explode.

Work has been absolutely killing me lately. I am getting everything piled up on me as we have had a ton of staffing changes. We used to have 6 RNs on staff...now we have 2. Between maternity leave, poor performance, illness and leaving to pursue other oppertunities, this is what it's come down to. Tons of pressure and stress on top of the 2 of us. On top of that, there is always HUGE stress being a nurse around the holidays. I flew to Chicago for my cousin's wedding the week before Christmas, and it was so hard. I flew in Friday, the wedding was Saturday and then Sunday at 4am I had to be back at the airport to go home so I could work on Christmjas Eve. My head was spinning...then with Christmas everything was stress city, I had to work NYE and New Year's Day. Patients are very sick now, everything is changing at the ofice...and now I've worked all week AND I am stuck working this weekend. And they've already told me its going to be a busy one. Not to mention if we work the weekend we're supposed to get 2 days off during the week...but since we have no staff, they already told me I can't have days off next week. UGH!

I am trying not to lose my mind...

I love my job, my patients, and nursing...

I just need a break! I don't think that's too much to ask!!!

Tonight I feel like eating my feelings. I'm starving but I KNOW its not real hunger. I've been doing good since I started yesterday. I had some cereal for breakfast and my "treat" was a coffee from Dunkin Donuts. I also needed this coffee to survive today!!!!! For lunch (when I got home at 2pm) was a lean cuisine. BEST decision I made this week was to have something quick and easy because I made a healthy choice and I didn't stop for fast food or anything. For dinner I'm thinking I may make a pizza from my freezer and just eat an appropriate portion, then save some for lunch tomorrow. I think that'll be a good choice. I am tracking on sparkpeople and drinking plenty of water. Tonight I plan on detoxing and relaxing, just letting myself rest before what promises to be a busy weekend.

Despite it all, I am keeping a positive attitude. Writing this post actually helped me come to terms with how I was feeling (So thanks for listening). I joked wih my supervisor that I was going to be earning the big bucks that I'm worth this weekend! :)

Hope you all are having a much less stressful Friday than I am! Happy weekend! Get out there and enjoy it for me!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry! I wish work wasn't so crazy for ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i dunno how you do it?!?!
    all the nurses i know are amazing peeps!
    you rock!

    xxoo

    ReplyDelete