About Me

My photo
CT, United States
I'm Kate. I'm 25 and a busy nurse journeying through life! I'm restarting my weight loss journey! I started off with Jenny Craig but now I'm doing it on my own with the support of my beautiful bloggy friends!

Sparkpeople

Join me at: SparkPeople.com

Join Sparkpeople Today! CLICK ME!

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Best. Lunch. Ever.



I cannot take credit for this! This was ALL my JC buddy on her blog No Thanks to Cake! Please check it out, she is awesome and is totally my inspiration. And my new best friend because she gave me the idea to make buffalo chicken salad and garlic bread out of my JC chicken sandwich.

To slice, I used my mandolin...if you do not have one of these, you really should get one. Ever see those restaurant perfect slices of cucumber and carrot and other veggies? This does it for you!



I sliced up cucmber, fresh jalapeno, tomato, carrot, onion, green pepper and mixed greens of arugula and baby romaine. I cooked the chicken part of my chicken sandwich for 90 seconds, then put it in a sandwich baggie with sriracha and Frank's Red Hot Hotsauce. I put in extra hot sauce which doubled my dressing. I "splurged"...but not really. I bought a Light Bleu Cheese from Kraft that's 70 calories for 2 tablespoons. I used only one tablespoon and thinned it out with the excess hot sauce from the chicken. IT WAS PERFECT!!!!

Then the bun I used I Can't Believe It's Not Butter spray and put on garlic salt and garlic powder...I ate one side with my salad and then used the other side to soak up the extra hot sauce/dressing. SO YUMMY.

Thank you thank you thank you to No Thanks to Cake! I am totally going to order a chicken sandwich every week now...I almost wish I got two!

2 comments:

  1. Ok, this totally made my night. I love that you love it, too! And, I MAAAAAAY have just dedicated a post to you tonight, BFF. :) Keep up the great work!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy! I need to try this. I just bought the JC Ckn sandwich. So I can't wait! Thanks guys!

    ReplyDelete