About Me

My photo
CT, United States
I'm Kate. I'm 25 and a busy nurse journeying through life! I'm restarting my weight loss journey! I started off with Jenny Craig but now I'm doing it on my own with the support of my beautiful bloggy friends!

Follow by Email

There was an error in this gadget

Sparkpeople

Join me at: SparkPeople.com

Join Sparkpeople Today! CLICK ME!

Saturday, July 23, 2011

WOO HOO! I'M GETTING GOOD AT THIS!

Went to my BBQ today as planned! I ate a cheesy baked potato for lunch and added extra broccoli to it! I've never done that before but last night I made a steam fresh bag and added some to my chicken fettucine PLUS some cracked black pepper-- oh man, this was so much better than a restaurant! I was telling my friend about it and she was so jealous! I added about 3/4 of the bag to my chicken fettucini but I had about half a cup left over so I thought, why not! Add it to my potato!

I didn't have a meat serving at lunch so I saved it for dinner. At the BBQ I had a hamburger, I checked the exchanges in my dining out guide, it was a small patty and I added just about a teaspoon of ketchup to it. To the picnic I brought a HUGE green salad and I covered my plate it in --I went back for salad twice and I only added a tiny bit of dressing. Then someone made macaroni salad and I did really well, I only had about five noodles. I did not drink! I bought Polar seltzer on sale at Stop and Shop and I brought my favorite kind (mandarin orange) and kept refilling my glass. I used my meat portion from lunch to have a small hot dog (no bun). Honestly, I didn't go off the plan at all as far as I'm concerned and I still have calories left over to have my Jenny snack tonight as planned!!!

Look at me go!! I used to be unable to resist macaroni and potato salad...those are my WEAKNESS. But I barely ate more than two tablespoons of it!! I loaded up on the salad and stayed focused! I can do this! :D

I think I'm going to reward myself with triple chocolate cheesecake tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment