About Me

My photo
CT, United States
I'm Kate. I'm 25 and a busy nurse journeying through life! I'm restarting my weight loss journey! I started off with Jenny Craig but now I'm doing it on my own with the support of my beautiful bloggy friends!

Sparkpeople

Join me at: SparkPeople.com

Join Sparkpeople Today! CLICK ME!

Sunday, July 24, 2011

CARROT FRIES!!!!

HOLY MOLEY WITH FRIES ON TOP!
I was reading around the JC forums and I found out about something absolutely fantastic: CARROT FRIES!!!!!!!!
After much searching for the perfect recipe I found…there wasn’t one. I combined a bunch and made my own! So here it is. JC exchange = FREEEEEEEE!



Kitchen Tools Necessary:

Cookie Sheet (with a lip) – Like this one :

Spatula –to move the carrots around
Knife – A SHARP one!
Cutting Board

Aluminum Foil (optional)

Ingredients:
1 ½ pounds of Carrots – I used whole organic carrots…yum. I’ve heard people like to use baby carrots and cut them in fours, that would probably be easier! 

PAM – no calorie cooking spray.

Crazy Salt- My own blend! Recipe follows!
Instructions:

1)     Preheat oven to 425. Cover cookie sheet with aluminum foil and spray liberally with PAM.

2)     Cut carrots into sticks, about the size you see in the final product above. The thinner they are, the crispier they get!

3)     Spread the carrot sticks out on the sheet, spread out as much as possible.

4)     Spray the carrot sticks with PAM and then apply a sprinkling of crazy salt. As much or as little as you like!

5)     Bake for 15 minutes. Leave them alone, don’t peek!

6)     After they’ve baked for 15 minutes, take them out and stir them around. Spray with a little bit more PAM and then put them back in the oven.

7)     Bake for another 15 minutes. Check the fries again, I baked mine for another 10 minutes to get them really crisp.

8)     EAT THEM!
They are so. GOOD. SO GOOD! And I am not embarrassed to say that I ate the whole batch. By myself.
Crazy Salt:
1/4 cup kosher salt

1 teaspoon dried dill weed
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon minced onion flakes

1 teaspoon garlic powder

1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/4 teaspoon chili powder

1/4 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon sage
1/4 teaspoon oregano

1/4 teaspoon marjoram

1/4 teaspoon parsley
2 teaspoons orange zest
Instructions:

1)     Put all the ingredients into a food processor, blender, or coffee grinder. I used a blender.

2)     Pulse until blended into a fine powder

3)     Viola!

2 comments:

  1. Going to try these soon! I like the ingredients in the crazy salt! Thanks so much for posting. I will let you know how mine turn out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Amber! I'd love to know! :D

    ReplyDelete