About Me

My photo
CT, United States
I'm Kate. I'm 25 and a busy nurse journeying through life! I'm restarting my weight loss journey! I started off with Jenny Craig but now I'm doing it on my own with the support of my beautiful bloggy friends!

Sparkpeople

Join me at: SparkPeople.com

Join Sparkpeople Today! CLICK ME!

Friday, July 29, 2011

Volumizing!

Err...please ignore the ugly dirty dishes. Pretty please?

JC food is definitely filling but I struggle with being hungry in the evening. And I often get 'eyes bigger than my stomach' syndrome. Which means I see my tray of delicious food and thing: THAT is supposed to fill me up? Yeah right!

Well I have been finding ways to volumize my food. Putting in ingredients that are free on the plan that make my dinner bigger and better!! Tonight I used a JC chicken fettucini, half a bag of steamfresh broccoli and half a pound of baby bella mushrooms that I cooked in Frank's Hot Sauce!! Then I used fresh cracked black pepper over the top and WOW! I felt like I had ordered dinner from a restaurant!!!

Yummm...sorry for the poor picture quality on my phone!!


Some other things I like to volumize are the broccoli and cheese stuffed potato--I add extra broccoli to it! I also like to put extra veg on my rising crust pizza.

What are some of YOUR favorite ways to volumize your JC food or your healthy dishes? I'd love some suggestions!

2 comments:

  1. Just good ol' veggies/fruits. and when I have those inconvenient "snack attacks" i eat celery sticks (hello negative calorie foods!!!) If I'm famished and it's regular snack time I'll put penut butter on my celery for some protien. Also I cook chicken with ceyenne pepper (ceyenne helps boost your metabolism!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, I just read your comment on my blog and you're so sweet. My blogger friend, please don't be depressed. I also HATE my "before" picture, but without the before, there wouldn't be an after. You are doing so wonderful and there is absolutely NOTHING to be ashamed of. Be proud of yourself every time you turn a cookie down or eat a carrot rather than a chocolate bar (I know night shifts kinda shaft you when it comes to eating properly but you CAN do it!) If you EVER need anybody to talk to who knows EXACTLY what you're going through (whether it be work or dieting or excercise), email me! tarynmarchi@gmail.com :D Talk soon!!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete