About Me

My photo
CT, United States
I'm Kate. I'm 25 and a busy nurse journeying through life! I'm restarting my weight loss journey! I started off with Jenny Craig but now I'm doing it on my own with the support of my beautiful bloggy friends!

Follow by Email

There was an error in this gadget

Sparkpeople

Join me at: SparkPeople.com

Join Sparkpeople Today! CLICK ME!

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Once Upon a Time...

Hi Everyone!

I'm Kate! I'm 23, a registered nurse...and I need to lose 150 pounds. My weight has always been an issue as far as I can remember. I've fluctuated up and down my whole life from preschool on. As a kid I used to be more active, riding my bike, playing tennis and soccer, and I was a champion swimmer (1st place medal in 50 butterfly!). But once I got into highschool I was very focused on doing well. I also started working at my first job, a bagel shop--with all the free bagels I could eat. I had a hectic schedule...and it's never slowed down. I went to nursing school after I graduated and entered the most difficult program in the state.

The first time I went on Jenny Craig was between my freshman and sophmore year. I lost 75 pounds on the program and I was thinner than I had been since 4th grade. I never hit goal...but life got more and more overwhelming with school, work, clinical and my social life. With nursing school being so diffficult and stressful, I used food as an escape. I never exercised anymore-- who had time with a million assignments due all the time! When I graduated with my BSN, I was the heaviest I've ever been. And over the last year I've only gone up. Bad eating habits, not getting any breaks in my  very demanding job as a homecare nurse...

But on July 13th I decided I needed to do something about it. I'm back on the Jenny Craig program and I'm going to lose 150 pounds to get to my goal. I think about that number and I get overwhelmed...it's such a long way to go. But then, I need to do it. I need to do it for myself and nobody else!!

I will chronicle my ups and downs here on this blog--of which I'm sure there will be many. Thanks for taking this journey with me...and I hope you'll comment often and leave me some motivation!

Love,
Kate

2 comments:

  1. Hey,

    I'm a new follower to your blog and I look forward to watching your journey. You and I seem to be very similar...I'm also an RN and I also want to lose 150-160 lbs. Feel free to stop by my blog and I wish you all the luck in the world (not that you need luck because I'm sure you have tons of supporters!) Talk soon hopefully!

    http://fgiasw.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete