About Me

My photo
CT, United States
I'm Kate. I'm 25 and a busy nurse journeying through life! I'm restarting my weight loss journey! I started off with Jenny Craig but now I'm doing it on my own with the support of my beautiful bloggy friends!

Follow by Email

There was an error in this gadget

Sparkpeople

Join me at: SparkPeople.com

Join Sparkpeople Today! CLICK ME!

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

WOW!

I went in for my first weigh in this morning and I was so nervous. It's stupid, right? I've been following my plan perfectly.

This week I went to a lovely graduation party for my best friend and I did a 'meal on my own'. JC has a very structured meal plan but they do encourage you to go out on your own. I think I did really well. I had a huge salad with low cal dressing, a big amount of fruit salad, and then had about 5 ziti noodles, three meatballs, a chicken wing, and three shrimp. I had saved my meat serving from lunch too so it made everything perfect. Then I 'splurged' on some cake. But the point was I didn't overdo it on the fattening stuff and filled up on salad and fruit!

Another thing I've been doing is I put Frank's hot sauce on EVERYTHING. You think I'm kidding? I eat it with breakfast, my favorite is the breakfast scramble which I douse in hot sauce. Lunch I douse it over a baked potato or other JC entree. And dinner is no exception! I LOVE the way it compliments my delicious Jenny food. I also love to add jalapeno to my food too. I'm a bit of a spicy freak...but I think it's paying off! Capsacin which is in hot peppers and hot sauce boosts metabolism. And with all the yummy hot food I've been eating, I think it's definitely kicked up!

I LOST EIGHT POUNDS THIS WEEK! EIGHT WHOLE POUNDS ALSO KNOWN AS THIRTY-TWO STICKS OF BUTTER!

I could not be more excited. I celebrated with a sunshine sandwich doused in hot sauce with jalapeno on top...and I'm looking forward to a great week on my plan!

2 comments:

  1. I also put hot peppers and hot sauce on lots of foods! I always liked spicy foods but I found when I started Jenny Craig adding spice to my meals became like an addiction. I love steaming green beans and adding sriracha, light soy and stevia powder; super spicy but delish!

    ReplyDelete