About Me

My photo
CT, United States
I'm Kate. I'm 25 and a busy nurse journeying through life! I'm restarting my weight loss journey! I started off with Jenny Craig but now I'm doing it on my own with the support of my beautiful bloggy friends!

Sparkpeople

Join me at: SparkPeople.com

Join Sparkpeople Today! CLICK ME!

Monday, August 27, 2012

Crazy Weekend & Food Poisoning

Ugh.

Food poisoning. Need I say more? I went wine tasting and such with my mother on Saturday. We had some fabulous wine and it was beautiful. And then she wanted to go this little earthy-crunchy, wierdass tea place. Pretty much I don't think they believe in washing anything...especially their hands. I had a tomato basil mozzarella sandwich and some soup and a delicious chai iced tea... twenty minutes into eating, I was in the bathroom.

Here's me, happy as a clam with my iced tea. Even the meal looked good...

But it wasn't. It made me SICK. And my mom got sick too. It was BAD. I felt like crap all weekend. UGH.

Even so, I needed to get things done. I made some healthy pasta bake from my own recipe!

Chicken Sausage Pasta Bake

Submitted by: KATEBRN

No preboiling noodles! No preboiling noodles!
Number of Servings: 9

Ingredients

    1 lb Dreamfields rotini or penne or other high fiber pasta
    28 oz can Tuttorosso crushed tomatoes w/ Basil
    3 cloves garlic, minced
    1 package chicken sausage (I used target brand spinach and garlic!)
    1 cup Mozzarella Cheese
    1/2 cup Grated parmesean, divided
     



Directions

1) Preheat oven to 425. Place 1 lb dry pasta in a 9 x 13 pan sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.

2) Pour Tuttorosso over pasta then fill can 3/4 full with water and also pour over.

3) Add garlic, 1/4 cup grated parm and any other spices to the 9 x 13 pan and stir in the pan.

4) Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 30-35 minutes.

5) Take off foil, put on 1 cup of the mozzarella and the remaining 1/4 parmesan over the top. Bake for an additional 5-10 minutes until cheese is bubbly.

6) Enjoy! (This reheats REALLY well!)

Serving Size: Makes 9 Servings
 
Also for those of you who requested it, pictures of my yummy sausage stuffed zucchini boats!
 
 
 
I feel better now...definitely dehydrated. I've been sucking down the water like crazy. I need to relax!! Have a good Monday ya'll!

2 comments:

  1. Aww..hopefully you're all better!! Food poisoning is the worst! And that pasta bake looks so good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eurgh sounds horrible! Did you complain? Hope you're feeling better now xox

    ReplyDelete