About Me

My photo
CT, United States
I'm Kate. I'm 25 and a busy nurse journeying through life! I'm restarting my weight loss journey! I started off with Jenny Craig but now I'm doing it on my own with the support of my beautiful bloggy friends!

Follow by Email

There was an error in this gadget

Sparkpeople

Join me at: SparkPeople.com

Join Sparkpeople Today! CLICK ME!

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Weigh in Wednesday + C25K W8D1

WEEK EIGHT! OF A NINE WEEK PROGRAM!? I am actually going to accomplish one of my lifelong goals, WOO! I have always wanted to run...but for one reason or anothing, I told myself I couldn't. There was NO way a fatty like me could ever run. People would stare or make fun of me or I'd fail! So I talked myself out of it...but not anymore! Today I ran for 28 minutes STRAIGHT! YES! STRAIGHT! No stopping, no falling down dead, I even waved to some people that I've seen out and about exercising in the morning! There's this older couple I always see out and a man with two TINY dogs (he makes me laugh because the guy must be 6 foot 4 at least and he has these teeny tiny little dogs, one is a dauchshaund and the other I think is a bichon mix).

In any event, I got up at 6:45 and headed out. It was already at 91% humidity but the temperature was low. And as I was running up that huuge hill at the end of my run, suddenly there was the most gorgeous breeze! When i run I don't listen to music, as I've said before, because I can't hear the traffic and I get irrationally afraid of murderers, rapists and abductors. It happens...it happens in quiet neighborhoods early in the morning with hundreds of people in their houses. So I don't take any chances! I also give a wide berth to parked cars... I'm not paranoid I swear.

It was not my best run today, my knee was hurting I think because its going to storm. But I kept a very even pace, 16:09/mile which is not too shabby! I also noticed that today during my run my pace was a lot more even, whereas my last run I had some really fast times and then really slow (I run the same course each time so I can monitor these things, plus I love the big hills). I ran a total of 1.73 miles and my total distance with my warm up/cool down was 2.28 miles. WOW! That is SO CLOSE to 3.1! I am doing awesome!
Happy picture before I take a much needed shower!


I also weighed in today... 266.7, same as Saturday. However yesterday I had a little slip. I was working and as some of you know I travel for work. I was STARVING and had a break (which is rare) so I tried to go to Subway. They were CLOSED! What the hell! It said they were open but the doors were locked and nobody was around...so I made a bad choice and I went to Taco Bell. Sigh. It's been so long since I went there and I just felt like some cheap food. And that sort of spiraled the rest of my day. I didn't do that bad. I made a DELICIOUS recipe from Gina's Skinny Taste...and oh god it was yummy. And it kept SO WELL in the fridge. Check it out here! I followed the recipe exactly too! I used Al Fresco Italian chicken sausages because I had a package in my freezer FOREVER. And today when I went to target I got their brand and I'm hoping it's just as good because I'm making this dish again this week! It is a SUPER healthy, easy, packed with veg and yumminess dish!





I hope everyone has an amazing Wednesday! Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. i just adore you -- you are SUCH an inspiration!!!

    way to go!!!
    xxoo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So proud of you! And I am insanely paranoid too-so no worries.
    Sounds like we all got a little off path with eating this week-glad you got right back on track. =)

    ReplyDelete