About Me

My photo
CT, United States
I'm Kate. I'm 25 and a busy nurse journeying through life! I'm restarting my weight loss journey! I started off with Jenny Craig but now I'm doing it on my own with the support of my beautiful bloggy friends!

Follow by Email

There was an error in this gadget

Sparkpeople

Join me at: SparkPeople.com

Join Sparkpeople Today! CLICK ME!

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Super Deedooper Weigh In Wednesday

Hi all!

Today is a WHIRLWIND day! I think it was the fact that I had a coffee yesterday at 2:30pm or so but I was wired! I could not fall asleep until well after 1am! And then I got up a whole hour before my alarm went off this morning, ready and raring to go! It's a VERY busy day! FINALLLYYYYYYYYY the last of my furntiure is finally being delivered...they better not screw this one up or I'm going to blow a fuse! I'm also getting a delivery of groceries this morning. Then I am running over to see my LCSW, praying that I can make it before my 10am appointment. And then tonight I am going out with my parents to Outback Steakhouse. I've never been there but I've already been over the menu and I planned my day around having their California Chicken Salad, which tickled my taste buds! Needless to say with everything going on, I will be running from dawn to dusk!!!

So let's start with weigh in... I weighed in on Saturday having lost the weight/fluid that I had put on the previous week and a half after a fender bender with a certain wagon. So I wasn't expecting miracles...but when I got on today I was pleasantly suprised! I also had my camera in the bedroom so I actually snapped a quick picture of the scale after I stepped off (don't want the few ounces that the camera ways to reflect on my weight, hahaha!).


-2 pounds from last week's weigh in!!!!!!!!!!

Heck yes! I am very happy with that! How can I complain!? I've been working hard and it paid off!

Over the last couple weeks I have been doing my very best to eat cleaner. I have relied heavily on Jenny Craig, Smart Ones and Lean Cuisine for quick easy meals. And don't get me wrong, I do love them! I always have a couple in my freezer if I really don't feel like cooking (I feel its setting myself up for success, choosing a frozen meal over ordering out). But I've been cooking chicken, doing my delicious taco salads, and last night I made a fantastic dinner!!! Here's the recipe!!



Slow Cooker Pork Tenderloin

Serves: 6 (approx 2.6-3oz serving)

Ingredients

2lb Pork Tenderloin - I only had a 1.6 pounder, it was a nature's promise organic pork tenderloin!
1 (1oz) Packet Vegetable Soup Mix - Or onion soup mix.
3/4 cup Red Wine
1 cup Water
3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
3 tablespoons minced garlic
1/2 medium onion sliced into rings
Black Pepper to Taste

Instructions

1) I used a 5quart crock pot. Put pork tenderloin in the crock pot, add all other ingredients.

2) Cook on low for 4-5hours!

3) Remove meat and let rest on a cutting board for approx 20 minutes covered in foil before serving.

4) ENJOY!

* How freaking easy is that?? I served mine with some Alexia Chipotle Sweet Potato fries and I put just a tiny bit of the gravy over everything. FANTASTIC!!

Nutritional Breakdown

Calories: 180
Fat: 3.7g
Cholesterol: 65mg
Sodium: 618mg (this reflects eating some of the gravy, its less if you don't have any!)
Carbohydrates: 5.8
Fiber: 0.5
Protein: 24.5

SUPER yummy and sooo easy. I hope you all have a good day!! Skinny vibes to my wednesday weighers!!!



 

4 comments:

  1. Pork tenderloin does cook up so well in the crock pot! I did one this week:

    2 lb tenderloin
    BBQ Rub
    1 Large Sliced Onion
    1/2 Can of Beer

    Cook on low all day (Or keep warm-my slow cooker is an over achiever)

    Shred & serve with a tiny bit of BBQ sauce. Yum!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. MMmmm...that pork tenderloin looks delish!! I've been stuck in a cooking rut, so I may have to give that a try. Good job on the weight loss. Pounds loss is always good.

    Btw, I'm a new follower!! Looking forward to reading more and hopefully we can both push towards our goal. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your loss. Feels great, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic job, that is a perfect loss!!

    ReplyDelete