About Me

My photo
CT, United States
I'm Kate. I'm 25 and a busy nurse journeying through life! I'm restarting my weight loss journey! I started off with Jenny Craig but now I'm doing it on my own with the support of my beautiful bloggy friends!

Sparkpeople

Join me at: SparkPeople.com

Join Sparkpeople Today! CLICK ME!

Friday, April 20, 2012

TGIF!

This week has been beyond insane...I'm ready to tear my hair out with this job! I cannot WAIT to leave. I am literally counting down the seconds until I'm done. My boss has been piling everything on top of me. So on top of my usual schedule which is hectic as it is, now I have to train the new nurse...I've been putting in 12+ hour days and getting paid for 8 hours. So I'm so done. Today I took her out in the AM told her that she could do some charting on her own but that I was going home. And I do not feel bad about it. She can be there in the office (or go home and chart/relax which is what I suggested) and I told her to call me if there were any problems at all! So far have heard nothing...so that's good. She was doing excellent so I wasn't too worried about any of it. Honestly, I have put in more than my fair share this week so...that's it.

I've been doing excellent getting back on track. I have to tell you I found a meal that I just DIE for!! Turkey Taco Salad...omg so good. Used super lean ground turkey and seasoned it with taco seasoning and CINNAMON! Just FYI if you miss ground beef...try adding about 1tsp of cinnamon per pound of meat with your taco seasoning...it tastes exactly the same as ground beef. I served it to all of my mom's friends last week and they had no idea it was healthy or ground turkey. So I do Dole Shredded Lettuce, 2 tbsp salsa, 2 tbsp fat free sour cream and a 100 calorie Wholly Guacamole snack pack, with tomato, jalapeno, onion and then on top I crunch 2 whole grain taco shells that I bake in the oven prior to putting it on. OMG it is absolutely the best thing I've ever had. I have been eating it every day for lunch or dinner...so healthy, fresh, and YUMMY! YAY!

I've been doing well with eating and walking, but I've just been so busy. It's been constant. Even on my day off they were calling me. I had contractors out to determine how much it would cost to redo my tiny bathroom ($7700) and the AC unit which is from the 70s ($8100). Needless to say, I won't be doing that any time soon. I am going to start putting money away for the bathroom and/or AC unit (the AC unit I had serviced this year and they said its old but it works just fine so...I may wait until that one goes). And as for the bathroom, it's functional...its just not what I want it to be. But I can definitely wait. I don't want to cheap out and do low end work...I want the marble on the wall, I want the granite vanity...and a brand new toilet so I don't have the squat on the ground pretty much. It will get done...I know it will!

Anyway, I hope all of you are having a wonderful day. This weekend I'm going to my AUnt's for a party and I'm doing some cooking. I also bought the cake so I have to pick that up early tomorrow. It'll be a bit tough for eating and I know there will be some splurges but hey, I will get back on track no problem!

TGIF!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi-I just started following you. Congrats on the loss!

    Ugh-don't you hate how houses just keep taking & taking??

    ReplyDelete