About Me

My photo
CT, United States
I'm Kate. I'm 25 and a busy nurse journeying through life! I'm restarting my weight loss journey! I started off with Jenny Craig but now I'm doing it on my own with the support of my beautiful bloggy friends!

Sparkpeople

Join me at: SparkPeople.com

Join Sparkpeople Today! CLICK ME!

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Checking In!

Hi all!

It feels like a long time since I last blogged. I got in the habit of blogging my September Recipes every day and now I'm slacking off! Honestly, I've been so swamped with work it's been impossible. Between all the patients I have to see, case management out the wazoo, charting my visits and trying to get things in my own life accomplished, I've barely had a second to myself. I also worked on my day off last week and over the weekend I caught a NASTY cold. Oof it is still kicking my butt! My glands are so swollen, I have had a constant headache despite taking Excedrin, and the throat soreness is what's really bugging me.

Since I'm off tomorrow and will not be picking up my phone for any reason, I plan on taking a nice dose of Nyquil tonight and sleeping in. I have refused to take the nighttime cold medicine because I've had to be up early and I didn't want to be groggy driving. But hopefully with the medicine tonight and a good night's rest, I'll be good as new!

Eating wise I've done really well this week. I've had almost not appetite because I've been sick but I've been drinking a lot of tea. I have been drinking homemade mulled apple cider (which I've carefully counted into my calories). And 8oz of cider is a fruit serving, right? Right! :D I went out to lunch on Sunday, I had a portobella mushroom sandwich  which is relatively low in calories and a glass of unsweetened iced tea! I ate lighter during the day to even things out. That day I took a long walk with my mom too, which should help too! Exercise has been lacking just because just going to work and doing my visits takes so much energy when I'm sick, I can barely do anything but go to work and the crawl into bed.

Tomorrow is weigh in day and I'm hopeful that the last few pounds will be all gone before Ireland! Only 3.6 to go!!!!!!!!! :D

Skinny vibes to my Wednesday weighers and I hope everyone is doing well!

No comments:

Post a Comment