About Me

My photo
CT, United States
I'm Kate. I'm 25 and a busy nurse journeying through life! I'm restarting my weight loss journey! I started off with Jenny Craig but now I'm doing it on my own with the support of my beautiful bloggy friends!

Sparkpeople

Join me at: SparkPeople.com

Join Sparkpeople Today! CLICK ME!

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Crocktober!

Larry, Curly and Moe! My crock pots!


Hi all!

It's been a LONG time since this has happened but I have NO PLANS this weekend! Which means that I'm getting things done at home! I did some working out this morning. Also baked some banana chocolate chip muffins last night and had one for breakfast today, they were amazing!! I also am making Jambalaya in the crock pot for dinner tonight! Yum yum yum! I'm doing a total Jenny Craig day on my own, woohoo! My muffin for breakfast with milk, I'm having a buffalo chicken sandwich which I made in my crock pot a couple days ago, and Jambalaya for dinner! :D 2 of the 3 things were made in my crock pot!

For those of you who don't know about my obsession with crock pots...you're about to learn. I love crock pots...I have three of them! I love to cook in my crock pots! I have a six quart that I like to make spaghetti sauce and applesauce in. My 5 quart (which is my first and favorite crock pot) I've made everything from enchiladas to pork chops to jambalaya! And I also have a minicrock pot that I mostly use for making pumpkin spice lattes and dips!

If you don't already have a crock pot, this is something to add to your list of things to purchase. I may have posted about this before...but having an entire meal made in 20 minutes and completely cleaned up before you start your day is AWESOME. And October...aka CROCKTOBER is my favorite month to do it in.

Prior to starting my weight loss journey I would make up lots of yummy things and eat them, share them, and freeze them for later! And now that I'm watching my intake and everything, I've got a wealth of awesome healthy recipes to choose from :D. Looking to make my famous beef stew next weekend perhaps?

In other news, I am wearing my new jeans that I bought and...for some reason they're loose! I bought two sizes down from my starting size thinking since I've lost 33.4 pounds I'd be closer to the smaller size than the larger one. But these are a bit too big, thankfully they have a belt that I'm using to keep them fastened up! Oops!

Hope everyone is having a fabulous, relaxing, beautiful weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Jean sizes are crazy. You never know how they're going to fit, it's hard to plan for. Different brands, different stores - ugh it's all haywire.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love my crockpot too!! Don't know how I went so long without one! That, my rice cooker/steamer and my NUWave oven are my favorite appliances.

    ReplyDelete