About Me

My photo
CT, United States
I'm Kate. I'm 25 and a busy nurse journeying through life! I'm restarting my weight loss journey! I started off with Jenny Craig but now I'm doing it on my own with the support of my beautiful bloggy friends!

Sparkpeople

Join me at: SparkPeople.com

Join Sparkpeople Today! CLICK ME!

Sunday, June 17, 2012

C25K W3D2: Overachiever! (Pictures!!)

So... yesterday was kind of a big day for me! I ran in the AM and got my best time ever, then we decided to go check out the race route for my 5K. I am not exagerrating when I say that it's in the ghetto. If anyone in familliar with Hartford, CT...I am running on Capitol Avenue over near Hartford Correctional Center, down Park St where they shut it down for a shooting at least once a week, down Laurel over to Hudson Street and down THROUGH THE HIGHWAY ROTARY ON RAMP up to Bushnell Park. Holy crap. New Motivation for running the 5K: RUN FOR MY LIFE! Anyway, they're going to have it roped off and there are going to be cops...and I'm going to be super motivated NOT to be the last person through the finish line.

Then we went over to Elizabeth Park and it was GORGEOUS!







It was beautiful weather and I loved spending time outdoors. We had a lovely picnic. But man I was tired afterward. I went to bed early last night. Did not sleep well the last 2 nights...but I decided when I got up...I was going to go running again! So I did C25L W3D2 and...I got an even FASTER TIME! My mile has improved greatly! I ran 1.59 miles!! And my average mile pace was 14:11!!!!! WOW! I treated myself to a coffee after that! Here's a nice sweaty picture of me this AM! I feel proud that every time I run I get stronger AND faster!!


I hope that everyone is having a lovely weekend. Happy Father's Day to all the dads and dads-to-be out there! Enjoy this gorgeous day!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats, you are awesome! Keep pushing and becoming a speed demon :)

    ReplyDelete