About Me

My photo
CT, United States
I'm Kate. I'm 25 and a busy nurse journeying through life! I'm restarting my weight loss journey! I started off with Jenny Craig but now I'm doing it on my own with the support of my beautiful bloggy friends!

Sparkpeople

Join me at: SparkPeople.com

Join Sparkpeople Today! CLICK ME!

Friday, June 29, 2012

New Design, New Start!

I decided it was time to change things up...struggling is not what I want to do. I have been eating great over the last 2 days...that's a start! Tomorrow I'm getting up nice and early to run because its going to be MEGAHOT and humid. SO I want to get my run in before it gets totally awful and horrible and sticky. After my run I'm going to shower and then its CLEAN THE HOUSE TIME. I cannot tell you how much I'm looking forward to having time to do it! Plus it's going to be horrible so staying inside where the AC is BLASTING sounds fantastic. I'll deep clean this place from top to bottom, get some laundry done, and woo!

Tonight I made a fantastic dinner! Shrimp stir fry and it took all of 5 minutes to put together...

1 cup of frozen veg plus 4oz of mushrooms I had in my fridge that I didn't want to go bad!

The veg was a frozen mix from Aldi that came with a sauce. There was 50 cals in 4oz of veg w/ sauce. SO I doubled that.

 ANDDDDDDDDD...

I had some frozen cooked shrimp in my freezer. I usually buy the uncooked but whatever! These cooked up great!


Cooked the veggies seperate for about 5-6 minutes. Then added the thawed cooked shrimp and 2 tablespoons of the sauce from the packet. VIOLA!

 Dinner was pretty amazing and mega easy. I really did NOT feel like cooking. Its VERY hot and believe me, it would've been so easy to just pick up a phone and get something...but I didn't! And I loooved my dinner. This Aldi frozen veggie package had baby corn, mushrooms (those big ones are the fresh ones I added though), water chestnuts (MY FAVE!), carrots, snap peas, red pepper and I think I saw a few pieces of onion...but it was so great!

Yay for yummy, healthy, easy meals! And for this whole giant meal (I was starving) it was 334 calories, 5g of fat and 51g of PROTEIN! HOLY SMOKES!!!!!!!!!!!! Plus shrimp is very healthy (although is high in cholesterol, though has been proven in studies to actually raise HDL and lower triglycerides). I have 3 more servings of this to cool so for the next few days, I know what's for dinner!

Hope everyone has a lovely Friday! Starting C25K W5D1 tomorrow and I AM SO NERVOUS. And running by myself,EEK! I'll let you know how it goes! <3

1 comment: