About Me

My photo
CT, United States
I'm Kate. I'm 25 and a busy nurse journeying through life! I'm restarting my weight loss journey! I started off with Jenny Craig but now I'm doing it on my own with the support of my beautiful bloggy friends!

Follow by Email

There was an error in this gadget

Sparkpeople

Join me at: SparkPeople.com

Join Sparkpeople Today! CLICK ME!

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Easy Like Sunday Morning

Hi all!

I've been up for a while, I made my delicious banana nut loaf ...but I decided to make it in my cute new muffin tin that is actually in the shape of a pumpkin. It turned out SO cute and so yummy!

My sister headed home yesterday afternoon, her boyfriend came up to visit. So I did the housewife workout, got things ready. Tomorrow is the start of a new week, which is always a source of stress. But everything will work out fine. Just taking it one day at a time! I just have to find where I put that darn schedule!

With a week chock full of work and on a beautiful fall day, crock potting is fun! Great recipe with a spicy meaty flair the whole family will love!!

Jambalaya
Servings: 12 (1 cup per serving)

Ingredients


    1 pound Polish Sausage (Cut into 1/2 inch rounds)
    1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breast (Cut into 1 in cubes)
    1 can (14.5oz) low fat, low sodium beef broth
    1 can (14.5oz) low sodium diced tomatoes, undrained
    2 celery ribs, chopped
    1/3 cup tomato paste
    4 garlic cloves, minced
    1 tablespoon parsley flakes
    1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil
    1 teaspoon cayanne pepper
    1 pound cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
    2 cups cooked brown rice



Directions


1. In a 5 quart slow cooker, combine Polish sausage, chicken, beef broth, diced tomatoes, celery, tomato paste and spices into the crock pot.

2. Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours or until chicken is cooked through.

3. Stir in cooked shrimp and rice and cook on low for another 15-20 minutes until heated through.
Nutritional Breakdown


YUM!! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment