About Me

My photo
CT, United States
I'm Kate. I'm 25 and a busy nurse journeying through life! I'm restarting my weight loss journey! I started off with Jenny Craig but now I'm doing it on my own with the support of my beautiful bloggy friends!

Sparkpeople

Join me at: SparkPeople.com

Join Sparkpeople Today! CLICK ME!

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Easy Like Sunday Morning

Hi all!

I've been up for a while, I made my delicious banana nut loaf ...but I decided to make it in my cute new muffin tin that is actually in the shape of a pumpkin. It turned out SO cute and so yummy!

My sister headed home yesterday afternoon, her boyfriend came up to visit. So I did the housewife workout, got things ready. Tomorrow is the start of a new week, which is always a source of stress. But everything will work out fine. Just taking it one day at a time! I just have to find where I put that darn schedule!

With a week chock full of work and on a beautiful fall day, crock potting is fun! Great recipe with a spicy meaty flair the whole family will love!!

Jambalaya
Servings: 12 (1 cup per serving)

Ingredients


    1 pound Polish Sausage (Cut into 1/2 inch rounds)
    1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breast (Cut into 1 in cubes)
    1 can (14.5oz) low fat, low sodium beef broth
    1 can (14.5oz) low sodium diced tomatoes, undrained
    2 celery ribs, chopped
    1/3 cup tomato paste
    4 garlic cloves, minced
    1 tablespoon parsley flakes
    1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil
    1 teaspoon cayanne pepper
    1 pound cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
    2 cups cooked brown rice



Directions


1. In a 5 quart slow cooker, combine Polish sausage, chicken, beef broth, diced tomatoes, celery, tomato paste and spices into the crock pot.

2. Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours or until chicken is cooked through.

3. Stir in cooked shrimp and rice and cook on low for another 15-20 minutes until heated through.
Nutritional Breakdown


YUM!! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment