About Me

My photo
CT, United States
I'm Kate. I'm 25 and a busy nurse journeying through life! I'm restarting my weight loss journey! I started off with Jenny Craig but now I'm doing it on my own with the support of my beautiful bloggy friends!

Sparkpeople

Join me at: SparkPeople.com

Join Sparkpeople Today! CLICK ME!

Friday, March 9, 2012

Awesome Healthy Snacks that I Love!

AS part of my goals this week, I wanted to do a post about my favorite snacks that are yummy and healthy. Today was a hard today and I had a raging headache all day... but now it's Friday, I am going to buy my new living room furnitre tomorrow, and I am in a good mood!

Let me start with a brand NEW snack that I'm absolutely in love with.

Archer Farms Strawberry Mango fruit twists. They are 80 calorie, 0 fat nuggets of LOVEE! Let me first start off by saying that if you used to love Gushers...you will love these. Caveat: I opened my package and these little guys are a little, uh, moist. WEll that may be because they're made from REAL fruit. And count as a fruit serving! I loved this as a healthy, sweet snack! It's also ALL natural and made from yummy healthy ingredients. A totally awesome snack!

Skinny Cow Heavenly Crisp peanut butter candy bars. Oh dear god. This is like a reese's peanut butter cup met one of those yummy crisp cookies. They are amazing and only 110 calories. SO good. One of my FAVORITE snacks ever.

Sabra Supremely Spicy hummus is amazing. It is VERY spicy though...and I'm no wimp. I eat habaneros and jalapenos right out of the jar or sliced fresh. I put sriracha on EVERYTHING. This stuff will clear out your sinuses. But Hummus is an amazingly delicious healthy snack. It's gluten free, packed with protein and fiber and excellent with reduced fat cheez its or baby carrots!

5g of fiber in a delicious SOFT brownie? Ummm...yes please? I don't eat these very often but as a treat, 90 calories is an amazing find!!


My favorite on the go snack is Special K chocolately pretzel 90 calorie bars. They travel SO nicely and are delicious! Just the right about of sweet and salty that it really keeps me going during the day. Without being tempted by office snacks!

POPCORN! I have an air popper and I freaking LOVE target brand popcorn seasonings. Nearly ZERO calories and they spice up popcorn SO nice. No butter or anything needed. Although a good spritz of I Can't Believe its not Butter spray is awesome!!

Other awesome snacks include Skiny Cow Ice Cream! And today I bought a bunch of Lean Cuisine snacks including: Thai Egg Rolls, Garlic Chicken Egg Rolls, and Spinach and Artichoke dip. I haven't tried them yet but I can't wait!

What are some of your favorite snacks??

2 comments:

  1. Mmmm.. I don't have any of those available, but I sure would love to try!

    ReplyDelete