About Me

My photo
CT, United States
I'm Kate. I'm 25 and a busy nurse journeying through life! I'm restarting my weight loss journey! I started off with Jenny Craig but now I'm doing it on my own with the support of my beautiful bloggy friends!

Sparkpeople

Join me at: SparkPeople.com

Join Sparkpeople Today! CLICK ME!

Friday, March 16, 2012

My new scale and weigh in Friday!

Hi all!
Well my new scale arrived from Amazon.com and I couldn't be happier. If you're looking for an awesome scale, I would TOTALLY reccomend the EatSmart Precision Digital Bathroom Scale. It can hold up to 400lbs, it has large numbers that are easy to read, and you just step on it and it reads your weight. No toe tapping it and waiting for it to zero out! No sir!

And it's pretty. It cost $28 but it came with a TAPE MEASURE and the scale is clearly very high quality. I think it's a really good scale (for a really good price). I'll just say for reference I bought a Tanita bathroom scale from Jenny Craig back in 2008 and I paid almost 100 dollars for it. I was told there was NO better bathroom scale. It measured BMI, weight, and remembered your weight and told you if you had a loss or a gain that week. It basically did everything...but it broke after just 4 months of my having it. And the design got really dirty and grimy very quickly. Ick. Price does not equal quality (every time).

So I'm weighing in this morning! On a NEW SCALE! So let's just say this is my starting weight for my new journey of losing weight WITHOUT Jenny Craig!

Starting Weight: 259.8
Weigh In: 258.6 (-1.2)
Target Weight: 240
Pounds Until Goal: 18.6

YAY! I mean, I know that I stayed awesome food-wise this week and have been walking a lot. But I'm not totally sure if the loss is higher or lower because this is a brand new scale. From now on I know that my start weight on this one is 258.6! A total loss of 51.4 pounds...and I have more proof than just a scale to help me recognize it! Woo! FYI: Weigh ins will return to Wednesdays this week.

I have a lot of personal things going on these next few weeks...I decided that I'm going to try online dating and made myself a profile! And I have a few dates lined up that seem promising. I'm extremely nervous...especially since I always think to myself 'they're not going to want me when they meet me, I'm a fat girl'. It's hard to break out of that way of thinking and start recognizing that I'm pretty kick ass. Yeah I'm not at my goal weight but I've got a lot going for me! And someone to support me through this journey and to have a good time with is always a plus! I know a lot of people have had sucess with online dating...my cousin recently married his girlfriend that he met online. And I have two very good friends from college who met their spouses online. That's good enough for me!

Hope you are all having a splendid Friday. I am working this weekend, oi. But hopefully it won't be crazy. TGIF!

5 comments:

  1. Good job on that loss! :) I think it's great that you're doing online dating. :) I met my husband online! Not at a dating site, but nevertheless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you can do it!! online dating sounds fun (if I wasn't married lol) and if the guy is a respecatable guy worth being with he won't care what you look like (besides being attracted to you obviously) but he should be impressed with all the success that you have and support you in your goal!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great loss! See, you don't need Jenny. You have all the tools to do this on your own:) Good luck with the on-line dating. No guy is worth having unless he likes you for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I met my husband online, way before it was the norm. ?Not on a dating site though, but my MIL met her husband online through a dating website.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The scale looks awesome! I almost bought a new scale the other day. It was the Biggest Loser scale. Not sure if it's any good or not, but decided to stick with my Taylor. Great job on the loss!

    ReplyDelete