About Me

My photo
CT, United States
I'm Kate. I'm 25 and a busy nurse journeying through life! I'm restarting my weight loss journey! I started off with Jenny Craig but now I'm doing it on my own with the support of my beautiful bloggy friends!

Sparkpeople

Join me at: SparkPeople.com

Join Sparkpeople Today! CLICK ME!

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Spring Chick Wrapup!

This weekend is insane...I hate it when its like this. I keep getting calls and then there's the visits I have to do. I really can't wait until this weekend is over. Monday is the first day of SPRING! And the wrapup of the spring chick challenge.

I set a very advantageous weight goal and I didn't get there. But you know what? I have made BIG PROGRESS.

My weigh in at the start of this challenge was 271.2. Now, I am at 258.6! A loss of 12.6 pounds!! Also known as 50.4 sticks of butter. And it also means I averaged a loss of a little over a pound a week during this challenge. Not too shabby! Especially with a 2 week trip to Italy in there! Although I didn't meet my weight goal, there were a lot of other things I accomplished during this challenge. I stopped focusing on the scale and started focusing on my overall health. I started seeing a counsler who has been extremely helpful to me! I also found new friends and a new confidence which has enabled me to put myself out there and start dating! I also decided to stop going to Jenny Craig and start my weight loss journey on my own terms!

There were some things I could have done differently. And I know I need to change my habits in order to maintain my weMy ight loss long term. I do a lot of walking and staying naturally active, but I need to up my exercise. And start exercising on purpose! I also am working on giving up the processed foods that I love so much...I think I would've liked to make more recipes during this challenge.

I am springing right into spring...and continuing on my journey! I also will be starting the Ready for Summer challenge! I like the challenges because it forces me to be focused.

My advice to anyone signing up for a challenge is that support is what it's all about. Support your peers and accept constructive criticism! We're all in this together!

Onward I go! Ready to take on the world!

2 comments:

  1. You did a great job during this challenge, way to go! Are you joining in on the Ready for Summer challenge? I hope you do :)
    I really hope things settle down for you, and thanks so much for you support and encouragement right now, it is so comforting to know someone understands how I feel.
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. You were a rockstar in this challenge, I know you can only get better from here :)

    ReplyDelete