About Me

My photo
CT, United States
I'm Kate. I'm 25 and a busy nurse journeying through life! I'm restarting my weight loss journey! I started off with Jenny Craig but now I'm doing it on my own with the support of my beautiful bloggy friends!

Follow by Email

There was an error in this gadget

Sparkpeople

Join me at: SparkPeople.com

Join Sparkpeople Today! CLICK ME!

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Spring Chick Wrapup!

This weekend is insane...I hate it when its like this. I keep getting calls and then there's the visits I have to do. I really can't wait until this weekend is over. Monday is the first day of SPRING! And the wrapup of the spring chick challenge.

I set a very advantageous weight goal and I didn't get there. But you know what? I have made BIG PROGRESS.

My weigh in at the start of this challenge was 271.2. Now, I am at 258.6! A loss of 12.6 pounds!! Also known as 50.4 sticks of butter. And it also means I averaged a loss of a little over a pound a week during this challenge. Not too shabby! Especially with a 2 week trip to Italy in there! Although I didn't meet my weight goal, there were a lot of other things I accomplished during this challenge. I stopped focusing on the scale and started focusing on my overall health. I started seeing a counsler who has been extremely helpful to me! I also found new friends and a new confidence which has enabled me to put myself out there and start dating! I also decided to stop going to Jenny Craig and start my weight loss journey on my own terms!

There were some things I could have done differently. And I know I need to change my habits in order to maintain my weMy ight loss long term. I do a lot of walking and staying naturally active, but I need to up my exercise. And start exercising on purpose! I also am working on giving up the processed foods that I love so much...I think I would've liked to make more recipes during this challenge.

I am springing right into spring...and continuing on my journey! I also will be starting the Ready for Summer challenge! I like the challenges because it forces me to be focused.

My advice to anyone signing up for a challenge is that support is what it's all about. Support your peers and accept constructive criticism! We're all in this together!

Onward I go! Ready to take on the world!

2 comments:

  1. You did a great job during this challenge, way to go! Are you joining in on the Ready for Summer challenge? I hope you do :)
    I really hope things settle down for you, and thanks so much for you support and encouragement right now, it is so comforting to know someone understands how I feel.
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. You were a rockstar in this challenge, I know you can only get better from here :)

    ReplyDelete