I hope you're enjoying a nice relaxing Saturday morning! Me...I'm working this weekend. Ugh. It doesn't look too bad though. I have an admission today that's not too far away from me, so at least I don't have to do a whole lot of travelling and driving. Which is nice because its nasty as all hell outside...last night it was sleeting and snowing again. I could hear it pounding on my window! At first it sounded like somoene was trying to rip the screen...which woke me up. Then I remembered I lived on the third floor, there's an incline that makes my house steeper than others so my windows seem higher up, there's no bushes or anything to climb up and that was probably not very likely. I have to say though, I think my neighbors across the hall got a notice from the association about their noise...because I haven't heard them or their constantly barking dog all hours of the night for a while! I hope it's taken care of for good!
This morning I got up around 7:45am, it was nice to sleep in a little bit! And I decided I was going to make a HUNGRY GIRL breakfast! WOW! I have to say, I tinkered with it a little bit (I'm going to post my recipe today YAY!) but Lisa Lillien is a GEINUS. I used to hate egg beaters...and she makes them palatable!!!!!!!! I can't wait to have the same thing tomorrow.
I'm sorry there's no picture of this recipe...I was hungry and scarfed the thing before I had time to take a picture. Oops. So you'll have to use your imagination of what it looked like. I'm going to make it again tomorrow for breakfast so I'll try and remember to take a picture then!
But first before I post my recipe...TODAY IS TARYN'S BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY! Taryn is awesome and she writes Fat Girl in a Skinny World! I was just a nervous lonely little blogger with no followers when Taryn wrote one of the first comments I ever got on my blog! We're both nurses who started at the same starting weight... I like to call her my lost twin! She is amazing so if you don't already read her blog, check it out. Taryn is smart, super funny, not to mention sweet and caring. So I want to say a gigantic HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Taryn! I love you lots! Go leave some birthday love on her blog! :D
Today my recipe will be dedicated to Taryn :D
All American Egg Mug**: MY WAY
|Let's pretend this is it...okay?|
1/2 Cup egg beaters
1 frozen Morningstar Farms MAPLE FLAVORED sausage
1 tablespoon sugar free maple syrup
2 tablespoons Kraft 2% shredded cheddar cheese
Hot Sauce to Taste
1) Find a large coffee mug and spray it with just a little Pam cooking spray. I made the mistake of using a smaller one and the eggs almost overflowed!!
2) Add the frozen sausage patty to the bottom of the mug and cook on high for 45 seconds.
3) Cut up and crumble the sausage patty with a fork. Then add the syrup and mix it around. Add the 1/2 cup of egg beaters, STIR WELL! Microwave on high for 1 minute.
4) Gently move around the eggs in the cup. Microwave for approx 30-45 seconds more or until the eggs are just set. **Hungry Girl cookbook says 1 minute but mine were done after 35 seconds and almost overflowed. My eggs were nicely set after just 35 seconds**
5) Sprinkle the top with shredded cheese and microwave for 15 more seconds.
6) Remove the mug carefully, IT WILL BE HOT! Stir it around a little and add a little hot sauce to the top (if desired).
**ADAPTED FROM: Lillien, Lisa. Hungry Girl 300 under 300: 300 Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Dishes under 300 Calories. New York: St. Martin's Griffin, 2011. Print.
I loved this recipe. It was AMAZING. I love sweet/spicy things and as far as breakfasts go...this one was amazing. I'm full, I feel good. And I LOVED IT!
SOOOOO Let's look at the nutritional breakdown. It is nothing short of eggs-cellent! (You had to let me get at least one egg joke in today).
In total there are:
AWESOME! It certainly meets my dietary requirements! I hope that you'll enjoy it! I hope everyone has a good weekend! I'll check in tomorrow!