About Me

My photo
CT, United States
I'm Kate. I'm 25 and a busy nurse journeying through life! I'm restarting my weight loss journey! I started off with Jenny Craig but now I'm doing it on my own with the support of my beautiful bloggy friends!

Sparkpeople

Join me at: SparkPeople.com

Join Sparkpeople Today! CLICK ME!

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Superb Sunday!

This is my last Sunday in town before I am in ITALY! Yes, it came up super fast...I can't even believe it. A lot of people have been asking about our trip so I thought I'd post a bit about it...because my corner of the blogosphere will be very quiet from Feb 5-20th while I am away!!!

Me and my sister...the only picture I could find. Oops.
My sister is an engineering student who decided to study abroad for a year and get her masters in Engineering!! She's a super smart cookie. Her classes are taught in English (although according to her some of them don't speak very good English at all) and she's been working super hard. School in Italy and across Europe, is a little bit more laid back than in the US. They have shorter work days, more days off of work...she only has classes a couple times a week. And they take the whole month of February off (yes after taking 2 weeks off for the Christmas/New Year hols). So that's why I have decided to go in February, so we can see as much as we possibly can AND spend as much time together as we want with no school looming over her head!

Our tour starts in Milan where my sister goes to school. We'll do some shoppping, walking around, and in the evening we have tickets to see the symphony at Teatro Scalla. Then in the morning we fly into Naples and explore there. Then it's on to Sorrento, Amalfi and exploring around the Neopolitan area. After that we go to Pompeii and Rome; we were going to go to the vatican and the sistine chapel BUT (as I mentioned above) they take a lot of days off. And the time we're there happens to be a day off for them! Boo! But we will do tons of exploring and finding cool things! Florence is next up on the list and we are going to see all the sights! Verone comes after that, we're going to do all the Romeo and Juliet things (I'm a total lover of Shakespeare). Our next night is the most exciting because we're going to Venice and it's the Lenten season starting up so there's the Venice Carnivale and there's a pubcrawl that looks fantastic! We're going to take a Gondola ride too! And then it's back to Lake Como and Milan where we're going to see some of my family's roots. Sadly, then I will be returning home :(. But it's going to be an exciting, super fun trip. My sister and I are staying in hostel and roughing it a bit. There will be lots of food...but also TONS of activity. So I'm not going to be too worried about my diet. With all the walking, climbing stairs, hiking...and some indulging on yummy Italian food...I think it'll all come out in the wash!

So this is my last week to set goals before I'm away! So I need to make them count!

Let's take a look at the last week.

NSV:

1) I will read ONE BOOK cover to cover.

2) I will do my deep breathing exercises x7 days

3) I will start packing up for ITALY!
Exercise:

1) I will walk at least 2 miles daily.
2) I will wear my pedometer every day.  - Got flushed midweek :(

3) I will try ONE NEW EXERCISE this week per SCC minichallenge - I didn't :(

4) I will ride exercise bike x2 this week. - No...

Food:

1) I will track daily on Sparkpeople.com

2) I will make TWO RECIPES and post it on my blog.

3) I will make good choices when going out to eat.

I don't know what's wrong with me when it comes to exercise. I feel so tired when I get home from work, I can't even think about exercise. The very thought of it makes me want to cry. I do a lot of walking at work, yes, but I know that it is not enough. If the walking was enough, I wouldn't have put on so much weight in the first place. I need to work on this...and there's no one who can do it but me.

The week ahead:

NSV:

1) I will finish packing for Italy.

2) I will clean the house from top to bottom, until it shines like the top of the Chrysler Building.

3) I will do my deep breathing exercises x 7 days.

Exercise:

1) Walk 2 miles daily

2) Exercise Bike x1 time (I'm hoping smaller goals will help me get moving)

3) Weights 1x

4) Stretching every day.

Food:

1) Track on Sparkpeople

2) I will eat up what is in my fridge/freezer and not buy any JC food this week.

3) I will post 1 recipe on my blog!

4) I am going out for my birthday today with my dad but after today, no eating out x1 week!

14 comments:

  1. oh my gosh -- talk about the trip of a lifetime! hope you are gonna take TONS of pics & share them when you get back!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) hope you have a wonderful trip It sounds like your going to have a good one :) will miss your blogs but im sure you will have tones to say when you get back!!!

    Good luck with your goals this week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that sounds like an amazing trip! If you want a stowaway let me know, I'm totally willing to be smuggled along if I get to do all that. It won't be the same without your blogs when you're gone!

    Make the most of this week and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a great trip and congrats on all your goals last week.

    You'll kill it this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is going to be so much fun! One of my life goals is to go to Italy. I can't wait to see pics!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an exciting trip! I hope you have an amazing time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been to Milan and Rome (my mother lives 1h away from Milan). I didn't really enjoy Milan much, it was okay - but ROme... oh Rome. We had a guided tour in the Vatican that just NEVER ENDED. By the time we were done .. I could drop dead. Make sure to drink all.the.time. Also, the Spanish steps are totally overrated, Colosseum was amazing, my favourite by far was the Forum. I could cry just thinking about it. It was *the best*. I also enjoyed the Trevi fountain, but it was crowded! Remember to eat as much italian ice cream as possible, it is THE best. (Oh and you can see my pictures from Rome on facebook if you're interested :))

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can I just say how insanely jealous I am! I went to Italy once right after high school. I didnt get to go to near as many places as you though. We spent most of the time in Rome (I agree about the Spanish steps being overrated), but also went to Florence, Naples (be sure to go over to Capri) and Sorrento. (From there we went on an overnight cruise to Greece)
    Have a wonderful time...it sounds fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  9. THAT is a really cute picture. Your trip sounds downright AMAZING and I sincerely admire your planning abilities. That is something I could never wrap my head around. I can plan for work but outside of that I just get stressed. It sounds like it is going to be an educational BLAST and also really nice that you're going to go see your sister. She also sounds really incredible, getting her masters, you must be proud of her :) Hope you have fun and I think we'll all totally understand if theres radio silence on your end while you're enjoying your trip. I just hope there are lots of pictures you can share at the end! xx

    - DS

    ReplyDelete
  10. Italy sounds amazing!! Your going to have a wonderful time!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So excited for you, can't wait to see pics. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Have a amazing time in Italy. I am so incredibly jealous of you!!!
    I hope you have a fantastic time and please post photos on your return (just so I can see what I am missing).
    Have a wonderful time.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm totally jealous!
    Sounds like a fabulous trip, have a wonderful time....take lots of pictures.

    ReplyDelete