About Me

My photo
CT, United States
I'm Kate. I'm 25 and a busy nurse journeying through life! I'm restarting my weight loss journey! I started off with Jenny Craig but now I'm doing it on my own with the support of my beautiful bloggy friends!

Sparkpeople

Join me at: SparkPeople.com

Join Sparkpeople Today! CLICK ME!

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Weigh in Eve: Postponed.



Well, Tuesday night is generally weigh in eve. I get ready to go to Jenny Craig on Wednesday and weigh in. This week, I'm swamped at work. I have a bunch of patients who are VERY high acuity and require a ton of nursing intervention. Putting another nurse in here would be like throwing them in the deep end of the ocean in their underwear. It would be impossible for them to figure out...therefore, I'm stuck seeing them on my day off. I have a regular visit, a resumption of care and an admission of a patient who I've care for before. Not to mention I contacted my Jenny Craig center and they can't accomedate me for a quick visit in the morning to weigh in and get food... and I really don't wnat to work all day, eat my meals and THEN weigh in. That wouldn't be an accurate representation of my weight at all.

So what I did was I moved my weigh in/getting food to this Saturday at 8:45am. So therefore, you're going to see that I don't update my weight until then. Boo. But like the cartoon says! I didn't fail...I just have to postpone my success!

So work is stressful, I'm very crampy and waiting for Aunt Flow's visit. Yuck. Really wish she would stay home...but then again I've been regular for a few months so I'm hoping this isn't things going in the wrong direction again. I'm going to be trying to make the most of my """""day off""""" (yes notice allll the quotes) and cross some things off my to-do list. I'm really slacking on my exercise goals. I've got a horrible headache I can't shake and I did so much running around today, I don't feel like doing anything. Maybe I can kick myself into doing some exercise later. Update: I felt like a lazy lump so I did 20 minutes on my bike and told myself to stop whining.

Update on the goals for the day!


NSV:
1) I will watch 1 movie start to finish. - Finally saw Easy A, haha that was cute!

2) I will buy a new pair of weigh in pants. (Mine are too big and almost fall off my butt) Bought some at Target online. They've shipped out!

3) I will try on a pair of jeans in my closet that were too small last month. Maybe they will fit? Will post picture. - Going to do this one tomorrow hopefully!
Exercise:

1) I will do the 30 Day Shred 2x - 1/2

2) Do Weight Loss Yoga 2x- 0/2

3) Do Exercise Bike for 20 minutes- 1/2

Nutrition:

1) I will track my calories religiously on Sparkpeople.Com EVERY DAY! 3/7

2) I will drink at least 80oz (10 glasses) of water EVERY DAY! 3/7

3) I will try 1 new recipe and post it on my blog (I think I have one in mind!) - Still planning this for Wednesday. ;)

3 comments:

  1. Easy A is a great movie! I remember laughing when Emma Stone kept singing Pocketful of Sunshine. I love that song.

    Keeping my fingers crossed for Saturday's weigh in. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that cartoon! Postponing success :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your support on the quitting smoking front. I totally understand people not wanting to say it's okay that your smoking because its hard, as long as your making an effort - but it makes me feel so much better that someone understands the challenge.. AAAaanywho.
    I can't believe that they wouldn't throw you a bone on the weigh in! I think it was a good call though to wait out rather than weigh in the afternoon, AND on getting onto the bike! We really don't appreciate our nurses enough. Oh well though.. Can't wait to stop by Saturday and see how you did! xx

    - DS

    ReplyDelete