About Me

My photo
CT, United States
I'm Kate. I'm 25 and a busy nurse journeying through life! I'm restarting my weight loss journey! I started off with Jenny Craig but now I'm doing it on my own with the support of my beautiful bloggy friends!

Follow by Email

There was an error in this gadget

Sparkpeople

Join me at: SparkPeople.com

Join Sparkpeople Today! CLICK ME!

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Calm before the Storm

Hi all!

While others are out pillaging and panicking, I am enjoying a quiet Saturday morning at home. I slept incredibly poorly last night, I don't know what it was! I was energized and wanted to do some cleaning (not really appropriate at 1am...) but I forced myself to sleep. At seven on the nose, I woke up feeling refreshed and ready to greet the day! I wanted to share my delicious breakfast with everyone because it would be a perfect match for anyone who's following a plan--and it's delicious.

Waffles. Delicious sweet waffles...with butter and syrup. Yes! I went to Stop and Shop and bought Low Fat Homestyle Waffles (Serving size 2 waffles) and Vermont Sugar Free Maple Syrup (sweetened with splenda). Syrup was 15 cals per 1/4 cup serving...and I didn't even HAVE that much! I ate 1/8 of a cup on my waffles and they were syrupy and drippy and yummy! It was just what I wanted and needed AND was very filling!! Here's the breakdown!
Click me to make this readable without a magnifying glass!
Analysis done by SparkPeople.com


And my delicious waffles were eaten on one of most expensive pieces of china in my kitchen (why yes, it is a Barbie heart shaped plate). I won't even tell you the price I paid for this gem at a yard sale. (Hint: It rhymes with 'tree'). And now to make everyone drool! It was a delicious, healthy breakfast that is JC friendly, diabetic friendly, and easy to make! I was thinking next time I might get Morningstar Farms veggie sausage and have two links for 80 calories as a "splurge" meal on the weekend. Honestly, it's not much of a splurge since I usually have trouble getting anywhere near 2000 calories and those little veggie sausages are packed with goodness!

Mmmm waffles!

Hope everyone has a safe, healthy weekend. I will update my blog as I can. CL&P (electric provider) called this morning and said they expecting several days of power outages but they would prioritize based on electrical needs (do you think blogging counts? No, I didn't think so either).

Have a great day!

3 comments:

  1. lol I had waffles too!!! sooo good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm the kiddo loooooves wiffles...and she'll probably have them tomorrow...I may just have the same! Yum!

    ReplyDelete