About Me

My photo
CT, United States
I'm Kate. I'm 25 and a busy nurse journeying through life! I'm restarting my weight loss journey! I started off with Jenny Craig but now I'm doing it on my own with the support of my beautiful bloggy friends!

Sparkpeople

Join me at: SparkPeople.com

Join Sparkpeople Today! CLICK ME!

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Update!

Hi all,

Thank you very much for your concerned messages and texts. Currently 500,000 in the state of CT are without power and there's a lot of trees and power lines down. It's absolutely flooded out there! I, however, have power--thankfully! I called my parents earlier and they had a smaller tree fall right into my dad's garden (his pride and joy) and a bigger tree fell at the neighbor across the street but missed the house.

Other than being extremely waterlogged, everything is fine! Sleeping last night was a nightmare...the rain, there was thunder and lightning, TORNADO warnings, and I was here all alone! My boarder decided to sleep over a friend's house. In any event, things were fine. I got up early and took a shower and made myself a Weight Watchers English Muffin Breakfast Sandwich with Canadian Bacon. I like the creaminess of the egg and the meat way better than the JC Sunshine Sandwich. So much better! Now I'm just watching the weather and hoping that everything continues to go smoothly! A couple of my friends have reported that in the last half hour, they lost power. So I suppose it can happen at any time!

Hope everyone is having a safe, healthy day!

2 comments:

  1. Hope everyone stays safe, I wish that you guys had actual Canadian bacon because it is wayy better than the ham they call Canadian bacon lol- man! haha hope the weather holds up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad all is well! Crazy Irene, crazy crazy!

    ReplyDelete