About Me

My photo
CT, United States
I'm Kate. I'm 25 and a busy nurse journeying through life! I'm restarting my weight loss journey! I started off with Jenny Craig but now I'm doing it on my own with the support of my beautiful bloggy friends!

Sparkpeople

Join me at: SparkPeople.com

Join Sparkpeople Today! CLICK ME!

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Weekend!

It's always a relief to me when the weekend comes. I finally get a chance to get things done in the house. Laundry, changing the sheets on the bed, washing the dishes that have magically piled up in the sink, vaccuuming, and cleaning the bathroom from top to bottom! I've been doing the housewife workout all morning! Even though I'm on call this weekend, the patient load isn't heavy and our regular weekend nurses can handle it without needing my assistance. But I do have to carry my work phone around and answer it if I get a call. It's still nice to have some time!

Recently I've begun tracking my calories on Sparkpeople.com. It's free and it helps me make sure that I'm getting my calories in with my Jenny Craig food. I can make sure I'm getting appropriate calories, fat, etc. After you put your food in it runs a report and says 'you need to get more fat into your diet!' or 'you met all your nutrition goals for the day'! It's a great free guideline that is helping me stay on plan! It also makes planning meals on my own VERY easy! You can search for foods you want to eat (example: onions) and choies will come up, then you select the size you plan on or have eaten, and it figures out all the information for it! I LOVE IT! Seriously, go try it out! There are also plenty of articles about starting a new exercise plan, TONS of great recipes, quizzes, a message board forum, and lots of other excellent tools! *I'm not being paid by Sparkpeople...even though I probably should be after this free marketing.

Plans for this weekend include a trip to Target, getting some groceries (I'm out of fat free milk and veggies), and spending some time with my mother. My curtains aren't going up this week...yeah, I know, again...but I'm looking forward to a nice weekend anyway!

In other news, I had an excellent MOMO breakfast that was awesome! I had 1 cup of Banana Nut Cheerios (I'm on the 2000 calorie plan, that's why I had a cup, for lesser plans you probably would only have the serving size of 3/4 cup), 1 banana sliced in my cereal, and 1 cup of fat free milk. SOOO delicious! Perfect MOMO for my plan! Also possibly doing a MOMO for dinner, No Thanks to Cake had an AWESOME recipe for BBQ Chicken baked potatoes...go right now and check it out. It sounds amazing. I want it!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Kate, new follower here. Looking forward to seeing your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the sparks tip-off to try it out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. April, I've been following your blog too! Thanks for following!

    And thanks Cape <3 I really like it!

    I am actually going to post a recipe tonight. I took No Thanks to Cake's idea and mucked it up as usual! Will take pictures and post it later! :D

    ReplyDelete