Today is a VERY SPECIAL JOINT BLOG POST with my good friend who writes Fat Girl in a Skinny World! I need to get my buns moving more! So we have have teamed up and made a list of songs that get us moving around! This is a list of my top 25 workout songs! Songs that get my toes tapping and that blood pumping! Note: These songs aren’t listed in order of which I like best, but are simply done in the order I think of/remember them! Hope you enjoy!
1) Flagpole Sitta – Harvey Danger: This is a great with a steady upbeat tempo and fun lyrics!
2) Gold Guns Girls – Metric : VERY upbeat, indie song.
3) Cave – Mumford & Sons : If you walk with the beat it’s a pretty good workout! Especially if you follow the lead guitar, you double time it quick and then slow, it’s a great interval song!
4) Tom Sawyer – Rush : This is one of my favorite songs for spinning when you’re doing a Climb. Slow and steady and the perfect length, love the rock soul of this piece.
5) Changing – The Airborne Toxic Event : This song makes me want to work out. Right now.
6) Baba O’ Reilly – The Who : Another song that motivates me! Love walking to the beat! Stress reliever too!
7) Pumped up Kicks – Foster the People : I just love this song, it makes me want to move and sing along. Also a great social awareness song!
8) Solsbury Hill – Peter Gabriel – This song makes me want to get up and DANCE! This is my dance in the car song.
9) Nobody’s Gonna Break my Stride – Matthew Wilder : I don’t even need an explanation for this one. :D
10) Toxic – Britney Spears : I love to work out to Britney. I love Britney in general. Toxic gets my buns moving!
11) I Like It – Enrique Iglesias : Just love this song, it’s very hip and has a GREAT beat.
12) The Final Countdown – Europe : I adore this song. It motivates me to go go GO…because it is the final countdown.
13) Come As You Are – Nirvana. : This is another song I love to climb to, it makes me focus and work harder.
14) Shiny Happy People – R.E.M : R.E.M is my favorite band of all time. This is another song that makes me get up and dance, I love to work out to it!
15) Pale Shelter – Tears for Fears : I really like Tears for Fears as a band to work out for. Their songs are catchy and upbeat…and they also go on forever. So you walk/run/spin hard!
16) Go Your Own Way – Fleetwood Mac : Don’t mind if I do!
17) 4 Minutes – Madonna ft. Justin Timberlake : I love Madonna. I have a lot of her on my IPod. Old school Madonna mostly but I do love this song, love it to work out to as well.
18) You Are a Tourist – Death Cab for Cutie : I don’t really understand what the name of this band means…and I don’t know anything else they’ve done, but I like the instrumentals in this one and it has a good walking beat!
19) Misery – Maroon 5 : I am probably one of the only people who does not LOVE Maroon 5. I can barely stand them in small doses. But the song Misery is genius and I like when it pops up on my workout shuffle.
20) F@!$ You – Cee Lo Green : Forget ‘Forget You’, I like the real version of this song. This song is a great therapeutic tool and a fun workout song!
21) Authority Song – John Mellencamp : I hate following the rules too, John.
22) Save a Prayer – Duran Duran : This is another song I like to do when spinning. I have tons of Duran Duran on my album. The short-shorts do it for me I guess.
23) Animal – Neon Trees : Upbeat and fun! Makes me want to run around in circles or something.
24) Shot Through the Heart – Bon Jovi : Another great song by a great artist!
25) The Sign – Ace of Base : Love to move and groove to this one!Miss Fat Girl in a Skinny World did a collaborative post, her list is here:
This was a TOUGH decision for my top 25 workout songs. But it’s definitely something I had fun with! Who knows, maybe at some point I’ll have to do another set!?1) Headstrong - Trapt
2) So What - P!nk
3) Flavor of the Weak - American Hi-Fi
4) The Middle - Jimmy Eat World
5) Picture to Burn - Taylor Swift
6) Tik Tok - Ke$ha
7) Undo It - Carrie Underwood
8) Use Somebody - Kings of Leon
9) Lose Yourself - Eminiem
10) Stronger - Kanye West
11) I Believe In A Thing Called Love - The Darkness
12) Beat It - Michael Jackson
13) Black Betty - Ram Jam
14) I Write Sins, Not Tradgedies - Panic! at the Disco
15) Rude Boy - Rhianna
16) Walk This Way - Aerosmith
17) Since U Been Gone - Kelly Clarkson
18) Edge Of Glory - Lady Gaga
19) I Love Rock 'N Roll - Joan Jett
20) Hollaback Girl - Gwen Sefani
21) Livin On A Prayer - Bon Jovi
22) We Got The Beat - The Go Gos
23) Paradise City - Guns 'N Roses
24) Rock Your Body - Justin Timberlake
25) California Gurls - Katy Perry
OOOOOK So there's my list of 25...Was soooo hard to narrow it down to only 25 tho haha. Can't wait to see what you pick :D I would LOVE to see you blog writers come up with your workout mix! I would love to find some awesome new songs and learn about you through your taste in music! Go forth and show us what you’ve got!