About Me

My photo
CT, United States
I'm Kate. I'm 25 and a busy nurse journeying through life! I'm restarting my weight loss journey! I started off with Jenny Craig but now I'm doing it on my own with the support of my beautiful bloggy friends!

Sparkpeople

Join me at: SparkPeople.com

Join Sparkpeople Today! CLICK ME!

Friday, August 26, 2011

RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!!!

The east coast is bracing for hurricane Irene...but the thing I'm worried is the shitstorm of stupidity that's braced Connecticut.

I worked this morning and need to go out this afternoon for a visit. In the interim I decided to go and pick up a few essential supplies. I need a flashlight and some bottled water in case we're without power, also picked up some healthy easy to eat items that don't need to be refrigerated in case there's no power and I can't cook/microwave my JC meals. So I leisurely decided to pop by Target and then Stop and Shop because I needed some onions and mushrooms.

It was a freaking MOB. People are running down the aisles, grabbing things from shelves AND out of people's carts, there is absoutely NO water on the shelves and I ended up having to buy a freaking 40 dollar LED flashlight since that's ALL that was left! (You can bet your boots I'm not opening it unless I absolutely need it) People were yelling at each other, swearing at employees...I told the sales associate they need to start giving out Xanax door prizes. I could not believe the damn stupidity going on. As I was walking to the checkout lines, I saw a display of waterbottles so I bought two cases and there were people stampeding toward me as I put them in my cart. Oh hell to the no, I did not even bat an eye, I just walked to a line and checked out. Also got some socks on clearance AND a magazine to read!!

People can be so dramatic! Is pandemonium really necessary? Irene isn't supposed to hit until Saturday night, can we not have a complete meltdown before that? Are you looking for inpatient admission in the psych ward to avoid the storm? That isn't a bad strategy...

Yeesh!!!!

Anyway, if you don't hear from me for a few days, fear not...I probably just don't have power. Everything will be fine! I may have to eat off plan if I can't eat my JC food but at this point, that's the least of my worries. I think I sweat off a whole pound of sweat making three trips up three flights of stairs to carry in my groceries and the cases of water. Doing the housewife workout to make sure everything is clean and done before the storm. Laundry is being done, kitchen is being cleaned until shining, running the vaccuum... and that will be that. I'm prepared...not psychotic. :D

Hope everyone has a nice, safe weekend

4 comments:

  1. Omg... I didnt think it was a big deal at all but damn people... that's just sad. Hope you survive the stupidity as well as the hurricane!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be safe, dear. I can't stand when people act this way. For the same reason, I never go out on Black Friday. And emergencies are SO much worse. The things like this bring out the worst in people, unfortunately.

    Good for you for getting water (and socks.) Be sure to check in when you can. Thinking of you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol, it's the same way in Alabama when there is a storm. Back in April with the tornadoes, our Wal-Mart ran out of toliet paper AND one of the gas stations ran completely out of gas. Craziness!

    Anywho, stay safe and I'll be praying for all of you up the coast!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We all know that we can't fix stupid but it's actually quite comical if you stand back and look...not that you were invloved in the stampede and nutsoness of it all.

    ReplyDelete