About Me

My photo
CT, United States
I'm Kate. I'm 25 and a busy nurse journeying through life! I'm restarting my weight loss journey! I started off with Jenny Craig but now I'm doing it on my own with the support of my beautiful bloggy friends!

Sparkpeople

Join me at: SparkPeople.com

Join Sparkpeople Today! CLICK ME!

Monday, August 8, 2011

The Start of the Week!

Well it's Monday and that means a new week is starting...but my Jenny Craig week is almost over! I go on Wednesday to weigh in and I'm praying for a loss. I've started to really notice that I've lost weight though. My boss said she noticed that she could see in my face that I had lost weight. And my clothes are getting looser or, in the case of my capris, WAY too loose to wear. I almost lost them around my ankles when I tried to put them on!!

I find that I also have a renewed energy. Of course, that energy gets sucked up when I have to get up for work at 5 am... (not my favorite thing believe me). Yet this morning I was up before my alarm! Okay, it was only 5 minutes before...but still! I was up, I was alert...that is not something that's normal for me. I'm really hoping it will be for the new and improved me though! Before I started JC I would sleep until the last possible second, trying to get those last five minutes in. Then I was always dragging, the whole morning I would be cranky... I don't drink coffee because of severe heartburn that I get from it, so it was a lose-lose situation for everyone.

Now I find that I fall asleep and wake up much easier. I never felt depressed really, not since nursing school...but I wonder to myself if I was down on myself and didn't notice the depression. My gynecologist tried to prescribe me a low dose Lexapro but I refused. First of all, I'm a nurse...so I'm stubborn as all heck and refuse to take medication that's not ABSOLUTELY necessary.  I didn't feel like I was depressed, I was still working every day, and I wasn't having emotional breakdowns; I was just tired and cranky! Also, the medication came with a pricetag that I didn't want to pay. So I just told him no... and I'm still glad I did that. But maybe I was somewhat depressed!

Tomorrow is a realllllllllly busy day. But I have found the time to take a break and eat some lunch. I shuffled some things so it'll work out fine! I need to keep my eye on the prize and focus on getting through Tuesday so I can go weigh in Wednesday! For the first time in my life I can't wait to step on the scale!

ALSO! My little sister is going to Italy and she is going to be blogging her journey! Also I would like to point out that I came up with the blog title! Lol if you're interested in travel or in Europe, check out her blog: Mom I'm Still Alive, I also have it linked in my blogroll! YAY!

1 comment: