About Me

My photo
CT, United States
I'm Kate. I'm 25 and a busy nurse journeying through life! I'm restarting my weight loss journey! I started off with Jenny Craig but now I'm doing it on my own with the support of my beautiful bloggy friends!

Sparkpeople

Join me at: SparkPeople.com

Join Sparkpeople Today! CLICK ME!

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Recipe: BBQ Pulled Pork Wrap!

BBQ PULLED PORK WRAP!!!


Don't be fooled, once again No Thanks to Cake has inspired me to create a recipe! I went shopping at Target today with my mom and we started talking about Jenny Craig and meals on my own. I told her I planned on making BBQ Chicken Baked Potatoes tonight! My mother was intrigued but has had too many baked potatoes lately (typical mom!)...and I also had a broccoli and cheese stuffed potato for lunch. So after some calorie counting, etc, I decided to make a similar recipe in a wrap!!

So here it is! My Pulled Pork Wrap! VERY JC FRIENDLY! My mom ate one too (I portioned hers out too because I was portioning out mine) and she LOVED IT! This would be a perfect family friendly meal, I promise! EVERYONE is going to go gaga for it!

Materials Needed:
Small saucepan to heat up BBQ Pork
Spoon
Willpower not to scarf everything before it's done cooking.
Ingredients (FOR ONE SERVING):

1/4 cup Lloyds BBQ Pulled Pork
1 ounce Kraft 2% Cheddar Cheese
1 Joseph's Flax, Oat Bran & Whole Wheat Tortilla (This is a 70 calorie wrap, you cannot taste a single difference between it and a regular wrap and its soooo soft and delicious, not hard and icky)
4 thin slices of Cucumber
2 slices Tomato
3 thin slices of Red Onion
1/4 cup shredded Carrot
1/4 cup Green Bell Pepper
1/4 cup Lettuce (I used Nature's Promise Organic Spring Mix)

Directions:

Wrap before pork was added.


1) Heat 1/4 cup of Lloyds BBQ pork in a small saucepan over medium heat until warmed through.
2) Arrange wrap on a plate. Measure out 1 oz of cheese and put it on the wrap. (I did not heat the cheese...it was fine. I would probably melt it next time but that's just personal preference)
3) Deck your wrap out with veggies.
4) Add BBQ Pork onto of the veggies/cheese.
5) Wrap it up and serve!

NUTRITIONAL INFO: I used Sparkpeople to do this analysis for me, SO EASY! For this recipe exactly like it's written WITH the veggies I put on there are:

Calories: 284
Fat: 10g
Carbs: 33g
Protein: 23g
Cholesterol: 35g
Fiber: 9g

Note: This recipe took me literally less than 10 minutes to put together. If you don't eat pork, this could easily be substituted out for the BBQ chicken (which has slightly higher calories) or BBQ Beef (same amount of calories). Feel free to put on whatever veggies you want, whatever. This wrap was literally bursting at the seams when I sat down to eat it, I definitely had to eat it with a knife and a fork!!! Note: This is also a full sized plate, this is not a small plate that I used to make this dish look bigger. Nope, these are full sized dinner plates, YAY!!

Still no pulled pork, JUST veg and a little cheese. WOW!

2 comments:

  1. That looks REALLY good. Also, I'm surprised that pork is less cals than chicken. Who knew!? Makes me want to try this one too... I don't do many MOMOs (even though I need to since I hit halfway a while back). This one, I may have to try...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I was shocked by that too, I wouldn't have thought that. But its 10 calories more for the BBQ chicken (could be lower in fat though, not sure! I should make it like that next time!) Really this was a VERY satisfying, filling meal that I absolutely love! I cannot wait to make it again!!!

    ReplyDelete