About Me

My photo
CT, United States
I'm Kate. I'm 25 and a busy nurse journeying through life! I'm restarting my weight loss journey! I started off with Jenny Craig but now I'm doing it on my own with the support of my beautiful bloggy friends!

Sparkpeople

Join me at: SparkPeople.com

Join Sparkpeople Today! CLICK ME!

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Craaaazy Day

Today was soooo long. I had several admissions and a recertification which take about 1-2 hours each, then a crazy run around with doctors. Bleh. I am exhausted. Friday is going to be another long day...I cannot WAIT for the weekend!!!

Anyway since today is a crazy one, I am going to do another delicious crock pot recipe! YUM!

Lovin' the cool down. Last night we had explosive thunderstorms the likes of which I have never seen. I'm talking lightning every second, thunderboomers that were shaking my house and the sky sounding like it was cracking and falling down. WOW. It woke me up out of a dead sleep and I watched a bit of its beauty...at 2am.

How am I still going? I don't know.

Anyway, ENJOY! Today's recipe!

Cajun Chicken and Rice
Servings: 4

Ingredients



    3 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
    Creole-style seasoning to taste
    1 (14.5 ounce) can low sodium stewed tomatoes (with liquid)
    1 stalk celery, diced
    1 green bell pepper, diced
    3 cloves garlic, minced
    1 onion, diced
    1 can mushrooms, drained
    1 fresh jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped

    Serve over 1/2 cup cooked brown rice per serving.



Directions


1. Place chicken breasts a 4 quart slow cooker. Season with salt, pepper, and Creole-style seasoning to taste. Stir in tomatoes with liquid, celery, bell pepper, garlic, onion, mushrooms, and jalapeno pepper.

2. Cook on Low for 10 to 12 hours, or on High for 5 to 6 hours.

3. Cook rice according to package directions. 1/2 cup brown rice per serving! (INCLUDED IN NUTRITIONAL BREAKDOWN)

Nutritional Breakdown

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. This recipe looks really good. On someone's blog a WHILE back and of course I can't give proper credit because I don't remember...... Anyhow, they posted a recipe for turkey stroganoff but they used rough chopped - mashed-ish cauliflower vs. noodles! I made the recipe that was posted (it was freakin' awesome!) and the cauli had just the right texture and lended some peppery flavor so could probably use less of other flavors with the sodium content. Give it a whirl with your next crock pot recipe, I think you'll like it! Just cook the rough chopped cauli and plate it up with the sauce as though it were rice - it's lovely! :)

    ReplyDelete