About Me

My photo
CT, United States
I'm Kate. I'm 25 and a busy nurse journeying through life! I'm restarting my weight loss journey! I started off with Jenny Craig but now I'm doing it on my own with the support of my beautiful bloggy friends!

Sparkpeople

Join me at: SparkPeople.com

Join Sparkpeople Today! CLICK ME!

Monday, September 5, 2011

Monday Recipe

Hi all,

Today is the first live update I've done for a couple days. I'm writing this from my grandparents' house! It's been a tough couple of days for food. I've done okay but I definitely could've done better. My grandparents don't have a microwave and so I can't really bring my Jenny Craig food. I can't stand the salad kits, they're nasty...so I've been doing meals on my own. I packed my cereal and brought that with me and I brought measuring cups. It's just hard...my grandparents eat on a rigid schedule and they get very upset if you eat snacks. You will catch hell if you get caught eating between meals...

So I'm just doing the best I can. We'll see what the scale says on Wednesday!

I figured today that we could switch gears and try something sweet. Something to use up those end of year veggies that are in overbundance for some!!!



ZUCCHINI BROWNIES
Makes: 24 Brownies

Ingredients



    3/4 cup Canola oil
    1 1/2 cups Splenda for baking
    1/2 cup egg substitute
    1/2 cup fat free greek yogurt
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
    1/4 cup cocoa powder
    1 teaspoon baking soda
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    2 cups shredded zucchini

    For Frosting:
    1 cup cool whip free
    1 pkg sugar free chocolate pudding mix (Jello)



Directions


1. Preheat oven to 350. Combine butter, splenda, egg and beat with a handheld mixer. Beat in yogurt and vanilla.

2. In a seperate bowl combine flour, cocoa, salt. Gradually add the dry ingrients into the wet, stirring well. Add shredded zucchini last.

4. Pour mixture into a greased 9 x 13 pan. Cook at 350 for approximately 40 minuntes or until a toothpick comes out clean.

5. In a seperate bowl combine cool whip and pudding packet, beat with a handheld mixer until smooth.
Nutritional Breakdown
Yummy brownies with veggies! Can't get much better than that!

2 comments:

  1. Tell me how these end up... Could be interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to have to make these! I absolutely love brownies, but of course, they are not good for being healthy, haha. A reasonably healthy brownie, my dream come true :)

    ReplyDelete