About Me

My photo
CT, United States
I'm Kate. I'm 25 and a busy nurse journeying through life! I'm restarting my weight loss journey! I started off with Jenny Craig but now I'm doing it on my own with the support of my beautiful bloggy friends!

Sparkpeople

Join me at: SparkPeople.com

Join Sparkpeople Today! CLICK ME!

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Terrible Tuesday

Today I'm being forced to go to a stupid seminar on a BOOK I DIDN'T EVEN READ. I was told by my supervisor that they wanted me to go in place of the marketing person in my office who decided she didn't want to go. Uh what? You think I do? Do I really need to listen to a lecture about dementia when I can go out and listen to dementia ramblings any time?

So today is a long freaking day...

Why not make up for it with a DELICIOUS recipe. It is SOOO good. This is definitely one for entertaining a crowd. It's higher in sodium than most of my recipes and it's good for a once in a while sodium splurge!

Spicy Stuffed Chicken
Servings: 6

Ingredients




    6 (4oz) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves pounded to 1/4 inch thickness
    1 (16 ounce) bottle Fat free Italian dressing
    3 fresh jalapeno peppers, halved lengthwise and seeded
    3oz fat free cream cheese, softened
    6 slices turkey bacon



Directions


1. Place chicken breasts in a plastic bag with bottle of italian dressing, marinate overnight (minimum 2 hours)

2. Preheat the grill for high heat. Or if using your oven, 400 degrees.

3. Stuff each jalapeno half with cream cheese. Roll chicken breasts around jalapeno peppers. Wrap each chicken breast with a slice of turkey bacon. Secure with toothpicks.

4. Lightly oil the grill grate. Arrange wrapped chicken breasts on the prepared grill. Cook for 20 minutes, turning frequently, or until bacon is browned and the chicken juices run clear. OR bake at 400 for approximately 25 minutes until juices run clear and bacon is brown.

Nutritional Breakdown

Weigh in tomorrow...praying for a loss!

No comments:

Post a Comment