About Me

My photo
CT, United States
I'm Kate. I'm 25 and a busy nurse journeying through life! I'm restarting my weight loss journey! I started off with Jenny Craig but now I'm doing it on my own with the support of my beautiful bloggy friends!

Sparkpeople

Join me at: SparkPeople.com

Join Sparkpeople Today! CLICK ME!

Friday, September 30, 2011

LAST DAY OF RECIPES!

Wow, can you believe I've posted an entire month of recipes? 31 (I had one bonus recipe) delicious recipes that are good for you and good for your diet (for the most part, hehe). I promise that there will be more recipes posted from time to time...but this concludes the September Recipe event.

This also marks the last day of No Soda September which I've been participating in! I know I haven't posted that much about it...honestly, I did not find it much of a challenge. I rarely, if ever, drink soda. I will occasionally mix it with booze or if I feel sick, have one. The biggest struggle I had was on Wednesday I felt like crap and all I wanted was a ginger ale to settle my stomach! But I was a good girl and I didn't!! Tomorrow there's a diet root beer with my name on it for all my hard work!!

Work was dismal today and I can't even talk about it without getting mega upset. SO...I'm going to focus on the positive weekend I have coming up. My mom is staying over tonight. SHe is moving to a different department at work and they're taking her out for a nice team dinner before she starts the new job Monday. My best friend from highschool is coming from New York City to visit on Saturday AND my little brother is home this weekend from college. It will be a weekend filled with friends, fun and probably food! I need to watch myself! I've done excellent this week so far.

Today I was starving and still had an admission to be done so I stopped by Subway and got a 6inch veggie delight sandwich. I love veggie delight <3 So much. Honestly, before I even started this weight loss journey I would've gotten the same sandwich! Except it would've been a foot long...and chips...and a drink...and probably a cookie too. :( Instead I had a 6 inch sub and an apple :D YAY!

Okay enough of my rambling...you wanted to know the recipe I've been saving for last. This is without a doubt my favorite comfort food of all time...and something that I adore eating throughout the fall and winter months...and occasionally make on cool spring days or in the Summer... it's SO easy to make. DUMP it in and GO! And everyone will love it.

Slow Cooker Beef Stew
Serves: 6

Ingredients


    1 1/2 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 1 inch cubes
    1/4 cup all-purpose flour
    3 clove garlic, minced
    1 bay leaf
    1 teaspoon herbs de provence
    1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
    1 onion, chopped
    1 1/2 cups low sodium beef broth
    2 potatoes, diced
    4 carrots, sliced
    1 stalk celery, chopped



Directions


1) Put all the ingredients in the crock pot. Leave meat raw. Stir around.
2) Cover, and cook on low for 10-12 hours on low or 4-6 hours on high.

Nutritional Breakdown

 

1 comment: