About Me

My photo
CT, United States
I'm Kate. I'm 25 and a busy nurse journeying through life! I'm restarting my weight loss journey! I started off with Jenny Craig but now I'm doing it on my own with the support of my beautiful bloggy friends!

Follow by Email

There was an error in this gadget

Sparkpeople

Join me at: SparkPeople.com

Join Sparkpeople Today! CLICK ME!

Monday, September 19, 2011

Monday, Monday

Hi all!

All great weekends must come to an end! But today was a beautiful Monday! The weather could not be better. It's a perfect 70 degrees out with just a gentle breeze, perfect for a light jacket. It makes me want to run out and get pumpkins and apple cider!!! The pumpkins will be had of course...but the cider, I think I'm going to save that as a special treat once in September and on Halloween. We have a local cider mill (not so local to me now that I've moved) but I still will make it a point to go. You can also walk out into the fields (it's a good 2 miles) to pick your own pumpkin...so I figure I'll get some exercise, get some pumpkins and enjoy my cider!!

As you can all probably tell, I'm obsessed with autumn...:D I'm a happy camper! Love this time of year!

Today's recipe doesn't have anything to do with fall though, I decided to use up my end of summer recipes and this one is a favorite. It's so easy to make!!


Tequila Pork
Servings: 12

Ingredients


    3 minced garlic cloves
    1 green onion minced
    1 jalapeno pepper seeded and minced
    3 tablespoons fresh cilantro
    2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
    1 1/2 tablespoons tequila
    1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
    1 teaspoon ground cumin
    1/2 teaspoon chili powder
    2lbs pork tenderloin (Ideally 2 (1lb) tenderloins)



Directions


1) Combine garlic, onion, jalapeno, cilantro, lime juize, tequila, orange juice, cumin and chili powder in a large heavy duty plastic bag, shake well.

2) Cup pork into 12 (approx 1/2 inch) slices and add to the bag with the marinade. Cover and chill for approx 1 hour, turning occasionally.

3) Grill covered over high heat 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until meat thermometer reads 160 degrees

Serving suggestions: Serve over couscous or with brown rice and seasonal vegetables.
 
Nutritional Breakdown
 

1 comment:

  1. I love fall as well! About the recipes-if you have any that are not spicy and without peppers I'm all over them!

    ReplyDelete