About Me

My photo
CT, United States
I'm Kate. I'm 25 and a busy nurse journeying through life! I'm restarting my weight loss journey! I started off with Jenny Craig but now I'm doing it on my own with the support of my beautiful bloggy friends!

Follow by Email

There was an error in this gadget

Sparkpeople

Join me at: SparkPeople.com

Join Sparkpeople Today! CLICK ME!

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Holy Moly Weigh in Wednesday!!!

Well as we all know...I kind of had a bad weigh in last week. And I was kind of upset about it...but the one thing that I said to myself is that I am not going to let a few potholes in the road ruin my trip. :D

So I was pretty good this week. I ate on plan 95% of the time except that one wierd Sunday where I ended up making some pretty bad choices. Probably because my period is back again...yes, again. I had it for a solid 2 months, then it went away...and now it's back with a venegence. I feel like utter crap...and I really should go to the doctor...but as many of you know, nurses are the worst patients in the world. I already know what's wrong with me...why do I need to pay an expensive copay for them to tell me the same thing? Bleh. If it stays this bad, I will go. Otherwise, I'll live. What doesn't kill us makes us stronger???

So... now the results of my weigh in...

I LOST 4.2 POUNDS!!! That brings me to 283 even! WOW! Down a total of 27 pounds...and I feel fantastic (other than the cramps and bloating and general PMS). I'm very happy and excited!

In other news, the new food came into Jenny Craig today and I am a sucker for trying new things. This morning I had the apple cinnoman waffles and sausage! It was VERY good! I decided though it needs more cinnamon, so when I make it next time (I ordered 3) I am going to add some myself. The apples are very tender and delicious, the sausage actually tasted really good to me too! Like I said, I am a total sucker for all things Fall. Apples, pumpkins, the crisp smell of leaves, WAHOO!

So for today's recipe I decided to share my delicious low fat/calorie version of one of my favorite fall treats!


Apple Crisp
Makes: 8 Servings

Ingredients


    3 medium granny smith apples (or other tart, firm apple)
    1 tsp cinnamon
    2 Tbsp Splenda for Baking
    2 Tbsp all purpose flour

    Topping:
    1 cup quick cooking oats
    1 tsp vanilla extract
    1/2 tsp cinnamon
    1/4 cup Splenda Brown Sugar Blend
    2 Tbsp unsalted butter



Directions


1. Preheat oven to 325. Combine apples, cinnamon, splenda and all purpose flour. Spread mixture into a 9x9 baking dish.

2. In a small bowl mix topping ingredients, mixing with a fork until crumbly. It is okay if there are bits of butter left visible, that's okay, they will melt!

3. Bake approximately 25-30 minutes until top is browned and apples are soft.
Nutritional Breakdown
 

4 comments:

  1. WTG on such a huge successful loss!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey bebe, that's fab! Next week we will celebrate you being 30+ down and the victories will not stop. Right? WILL.NOT.STOP. because you won't stop.... congrats! Keep going.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome with the weight loss! I figured you would lose what you had gained the week before when you were with your grandparents, but the extra weight lost is always a good thing!

    betty

    ReplyDelete