About Me

My photo
CT, United States
I'm Kate. I'm 25 and a busy nurse journeying through life! I'm restarting my weight loss journey! I started off with Jenny Craig but now I'm doing it on my own with the support of my beautiful bloggy friends!

Sparkpeople

Join me at: SparkPeople.com

Join Sparkpeople Today! CLICK ME!

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Crazy...

I am having a rough time right now with work. They're really taking advantage of me and my boss makes up new "rules" all the time about weekend rotations. When I started at this job I was told no weekends and rotating holidays...well then they changed it and said everyone has to work rotating weekends to help out our weekend nurses when they're busy...and now they're saying if we're on the weekend then we have to do all the visits the weekend nurses don't want to do even though we're responsible for the weekend. Ridiculous! I cannot stand this crap!!!!!

My sister leaves for Italy on Sunday and she will be gone for a whole year. I am trying to put together plans to see her in Febuary but who knows? Money is tight, I'm already going to Ireland...so it's hard. So I'm supposed to work all weekend and not spend time with my sister who's leaving? I do not think so.

Looking for new jobs...I'm sick of being taken advantage of.

SO today's recipe is late, I'm sorry. It's been a day. And tomorrow looks just as busy. Today's recipe is for busy people! SLOW COOKER! And it's vegan! And healthy ANDDD yummy!!

Sweet Potato Chili
Servings: 4

Ingredients


    2 medium sweet potatoes peeled and diced into 2in cubes
    1 yellow onion, diced
    1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
    1 (14.5 ounce) can no salt added diced tomatoes
    1 (15 ounce) can kidne beans, drained and rinsed
    2 garlic cloves, minced
    1 tablespoon chili powder
    1 teaspoon smoked paprika
    1 teaspoon chili powder
    1/2 cup orange juice
    1 cup water



Directions


1) Use a 6 quart slow cooker. Add sweet potato, onion, pepper, tomatoes, beans, garlic and spices.

2) Pour in OJ and water.

3) Cover and cook on low for 6-8hours or until onion is translucent and sweetpotato is fork tender.
Nutritional Breakdown
 

No comments:

Post a Comment