About Me

My photo
CT, United States
I'm Kate. I'm 25 and a busy nurse journeying through life! I'm restarting my weight loss journey! I started off with Jenny Craig but now I'm doing it on my own with the support of my beautiful bloggy friends!

Sparkpeople

Join me at: SparkPeople.com

Join Sparkpeople Today! CLICK ME!

Friday, September 23, 2011

TGIF!

It's a nasty day out, bleh. But my day is looking better because the other nurse switched this weekend with me, THANK GOD! I'll be spending my sister's last few days in the US with her before she goes to Italy for a whole year! It's more important to me than anything. This weekend has the potential to be a tough one for eating but I'm going to do my best. I'm bringing my own banana nut muffins I made for breakfast and I can eat lightly for lunch. Not sure what we're doing for dinners! But I will count all my calories and be a good girl!

Another slow cooker recipe...this one is GREAT to use up leftovers!!!! Leftover chicken, seafood, pork, veggies...it goes PERFECTLY in this!!!!

Slow Cooker Fried Rice
Servings: 8

Ingredients



    16 oz cooked chicken cut into bite sized pieces(Substitute for ANY cooked meat you have in your house: pork, shrimp, etc)
    3 Cups Cooked Brown Rice
    1 Medium Yellow Onion, chopped finely
    1/4 Cup Frozen Edamame
    1/4 Cup Frozen Peas
    1/4 Cup Frozen Corn
    2 teasppons Worchestersire Sauce
    3 Tablespoons low sodium Soy Sauce
    1 Egg
    1/4 Teaspoon EACH salt and pepper
    1 oz toasted Sesame seeds (For Garnish)



Directions


1) Place chicken (or other meat), rice, onion edamame, peas, corn, Worchestershire sauce, soy sauce, salt & pepper, and egg into the crock pot.

NOTE: If mixture seems very dry, add approximately 1/8-1/4 cup water or chicken stock (not included in calorie count).

2. Cook on high for 2 1/2 hours or on low for 3 1/2 (Adjust time accordingly in crockpot. Mine is a 5 quart Rival crockpot).

3. About 1 hour before rice is done cooking, preheat oven to 325. Spread sesame seeds evenly on an no stick baking sheet. Bake at 325 for about 3-5 minutes.

4. Allow sesame seeds to cool for about 30-45 minutes.

5. Serve rice with toasted sesame seeds over the top! Enjoy!
Nutritional Breakdown

No comments:

Post a Comment