About Me

My photo
CT, United States
I'm Kate. I'm 25 and a busy nurse journeying through life! I'm restarting my weight loss journey! I started off with Jenny Craig but now I'm doing it on my own with the support of my beautiful bloggy friends!

Sparkpeople

Join me at: SparkPeople.com

Join Sparkpeople Today! CLICK ME!

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Labor Day Recipe!

Happy Labor Day!!!!!

I've been laboring away...on the beach. Haha, but I think I deserve a break after all the toiling away I do. Work work work!

But when I'm not working, I'm working on losing weight...which also feels like a full time job! But I'm enjoying it anyhow. This recipe isn't exactly Labor Day oriented...but it is delicious! I love chicken and so we have...




CAJUN CHICKEN PASTA
Serves: 2

Ingredients



    4 ounces linguine pasta
    6 oz boneless, skinless chicken breast sliced into thin strips
    2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
    1 green bell pepper, chopped
    1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
    1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
    1 scallion, minced
    1 1/2 cup Fat Free Evaporated Milk
    1/4 teaspoon dried basil
    1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
    1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
    2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese

Directions


1. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add linguini pasta, and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, or until al dente; drain.

2. Meanwhile, place chicken and Cajun seasoning in a bowl, and toss to coat.

3. In a large skillet over medium heat, saute chicken until no longer pink and juices run clear, about 5 to 7 minutes. Add green and red bell peppers, sliced mushrooms and green onions; cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Reduce heat, and stir in evaporated milk. Season the sauce with basil, garlic powder and ground black pepper, and heat through.

4. In a large bowl, toss linguini with sauce. Divide and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese.
Nutritional Breakdown
This tastes JUST like the Cheesecake Factory Louisiana Chicken Pasta...I swear. And let's compare nutrition!!
                                                              Calories     Fat    Sodium  Carbs
Louisiana Chicken Pasta1,401381,259130
I'll take the lighter version any day...

1 comment: