About Me

My photo
CT, United States
I'm Kate. I'm 25 and a busy nurse journeying through life! I'm restarting my weight loss journey! I started off with Jenny Craig but now I'm doing it on my own with the support of my beautiful bloggy friends!

Sparkpeople

Join me at: SparkPeople.com

Join Sparkpeople Today! CLICK ME!

Friday, September 16, 2011

NSV FRIDAY!

TGIF!

I'm home on my lunch break. Had a delicious broccoli and cheese stuffed potato from Jenny Craig with some extra steamfresh broccoli on top. YUM! Loved it with some hot sauce...mmm. I still have three more visits this afternoon and afterward I will be going to pick up my sister. We have a lovely weekend planned! Thai food tonight (Drunken noodles with tofu and vegetable (extra broccoli), thai spicy = my favorite food of all time) which I have not had since before I started Jenny Craig. I think it's been five months...I already worked the calories into my plan. You know, it's not as bad as I thought!! Especially since I do the tofu and veggies!

Then we will watch some X-files and hanging out! Maybe a walk in this beautiful fall weather! I looove when it's chilly and clear like this, it is my favorite.

Big NVS today that I needed to share. I went into my closet today to look for a pair of pants to wear...now my black pants I could not wear before because they wouldn't even close. It has been over a year since I could even squeeze into them. Well I decided just for shits and giggles, I would try them on...

THEY FIT!

Not only did they fit...THEY ARE TOO BIG!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe it! My FAVORITE pair of black pants...that I couldn't even zip up or if I could, I had a huge muffin top, are too big! WOOHOO!

I am so excited!!!

Today's recipe is one of my FAVORITE breakfasts and/or snacks and this is a really great calorie level for either! :D

Banana Nut Bread
Servings: 1 Slice (One loaf = 10 Slices)

Ingredients


    1 c whole wheat flour
    1/2 c oat bran
    1/4 tsp salt
    1/2 tsp baking soda
    1/4 tsp baking powder
    1 tbsp cinnamon
    1/2 c packed brown sugar
    1/2 c apple sauce
    2 eggs, lightly beaten
    2 ripe bananas, mashed
    1/2 c walnuts, chopped

    Nonstick Cooking Spray



Directions


1) Use a loaf pan, sprayed liberally with nonstick cooking spray. Preheat oven to 350
2) Combine dry ingredients, flour, oat bran, baking soda & baking powder, cinnoman.
3) Combine brown sugar and applesauce, stir until blended. Then add eggs one at a time until combined.
4) Fold in dry ingredients until incorporated.
5) Put into loaf pan and bake for 50-60 minutes or until knife comes out clean.
6) Cool approx 20-30 minutes before removing to a wire rack to finish cooling.
Nutritional Breakdown
Mmmmmmmm delicious!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the pants! That is awesome! Keep an eye out, you don't want everything in there to get too small!! :)

    ReplyDelete