About Me

My photo
CT, United States
I'm Kate. I'm 25 and a busy nurse journeying through life! I'm restarting my weight loss journey! I started off with Jenny Craig but now I'm doing it on my own with the support of my beautiful bloggy friends!

Follow by Email

There was an error in this gadget

Sparkpeople

Join me at: SparkPeople.com

Join Sparkpeople Today! CLICK ME!

Friday, September 16, 2011

NSV FRIDAY!

TGIF!

I'm home on my lunch break. Had a delicious broccoli and cheese stuffed potato from Jenny Craig with some extra steamfresh broccoli on top. YUM! Loved it with some hot sauce...mmm. I still have three more visits this afternoon and afterward I will be going to pick up my sister. We have a lovely weekend planned! Thai food tonight (Drunken noodles with tofu and vegetable (extra broccoli), thai spicy = my favorite food of all time) which I have not had since before I started Jenny Craig. I think it's been five months...I already worked the calories into my plan. You know, it's not as bad as I thought!! Especially since I do the tofu and veggies!

Then we will watch some X-files and hanging out! Maybe a walk in this beautiful fall weather! I looove when it's chilly and clear like this, it is my favorite.

Big NVS today that I needed to share. I went into my closet today to look for a pair of pants to wear...now my black pants I could not wear before because they wouldn't even close. It has been over a year since I could even squeeze into them. Well I decided just for shits and giggles, I would try them on...

THEY FIT!

Not only did they fit...THEY ARE TOO BIG!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe it! My FAVORITE pair of black pants...that I couldn't even zip up or if I could, I had a huge muffin top, are too big! WOOHOO!

I am so excited!!!

Today's recipe is one of my FAVORITE breakfasts and/or snacks and this is a really great calorie level for either! :D

Banana Nut Bread
Servings: 1 Slice (One loaf = 10 Slices)

Ingredients


    1 c whole wheat flour
    1/2 c oat bran
    1/4 tsp salt
    1/2 tsp baking soda
    1/4 tsp baking powder
    1 tbsp cinnamon
    1/2 c packed brown sugar
    1/2 c apple sauce
    2 eggs, lightly beaten
    2 ripe bananas, mashed
    1/2 c walnuts, chopped

    Nonstick Cooking Spray



Directions


1) Use a loaf pan, sprayed liberally with nonstick cooking spray. Preheat oven to 350
2) Combine dry ingredients, flour, oat bran, baking soda & baking powder, cinnoman.
3) Combine brown sugar and applesauce, stir until blended. Then add eggs one at a time until combined.
4) Fold in dry ingredients until incorporated.
5) Put into loaf pan and bake for 50-60 minutes or until knife comes out clean.
6) Cool approx 20-30 minutes before removing to a wire rack to finish cooling.
Nutritional Breakdown
Mmmmmmmm delicious!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the pants! That is awesome! Keep an eye out, you don't want everything in there to get too small!! :)

    ReplyDelete