About Me

My photo
CT, United States
I'm Kate. I'm 25 and a busy nurse journeying through life! I'm restarting my weight loss journey! I started off with Jenny Craig but now I'm doing it on my own with the support of my beautiful bloggy friends!

Sparkpeople

Join me at: SparkPeople.com

Join Sparkpeople Today! CLICK ME!

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Terrific Thursday

Today has been brilliantly productive, I must say. I woke up feeling like a whole new woman! No nausea, no stomach pain, nothing! I guess yesterday must have been a fluke. I wonder if I pulled something doing Yoga. I was moving my buns and the Gaiam Weight Loss Yoga tape I have is pretty intense. I may have just overdone it. I feel great today!

There is only one day left in September and that means just two recipes left! Today's (which is freaking AWESOME) and tomorrow! WOW! I can't believe it! Tomorrow my mom is coming over and I have a fairly busy day at work...but the recipe will make up for everything, it's AWESOME!

Peanut Butter Muffins with Strusel Topping
Makes: 18 Muffins (1 muffin = 1 serving)

Ingredients


    2 cups All Bran cereal
    1 3/4 cups Skim Milk
    1 1/2 cups Whole Wheat Flour
    1/4 cup Splenda for Baking
    1 tbsp baking powder
    1 medium banana, mashed
    1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter
    1/4 cup canola oil
    1/4 cup egg whites (approx 1 large egg white)

    For topping:
    1/2 cup all purpose flour
    1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
    1/4 cup butter
    2 tablespoons peanut butter



Directions


1) Stir together milk and cereal, allow to sit for 5 minutes.
2) Sift flour, sugar, baking powder into a large bowl. Create a well in the center.
3) Add banana, peanut butter, oil and egg into cereal mixture then add to the well in the dry ingredients.
4) Stir until ingreidents are just moist.
5) Spoon into greated muffin tins approx 2/3 of the way full.
6) Sprinkle streusel topping evenly over muffins.
7) Bake at 350 for 25 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
8) Remove from pans immediately and cool on a wire rack.

Nutritional Breakdown

 

2 comments: