About Me

My photo
CT, United States
I'm Kate. I'm 25 and a busy nurse journeying through life! I'm restarting my weight loss journey! I started off with Jenny Craig but now I'm doing it on my own with the support of my beautiful bloggy friends!

Sparkpeople

Join me at: SparkPeople.com

Join Sparkpeople Today! CLICK ME!

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Stressful Tuesday

This weekend was kind of a bomb for me...

I was visiting my grandparents and that's not always a pleasant experience. My grandparents aren't exactly the kindest people in the world. They have very strict rules, for example with eating. I brought my own cereal and got hassled for that. They don't have a microwave so I couldn't make my Jenny Craig food so I tried to just eat healthy. Well they start having a fit if you sleep past 7am so I was eating at 7am, then lunch was right at 12:30p and then dinner wasn't served until 7pm at night. And god forbid I try to have a Jenny Craig snack. I caught hell for it. It's not even worth it for me to try and argue it. I even tried to slip off and eat my Jenny snack and got yelled at.

Nothing I do is right. I did the dishes and I had to redo them all because I used the blue dishsoap instead of the green...I got my grandmother a glass of champagne but I poured it in the wrong glass and got a lecture about it. Really, they look the same to me...

So it was very unpleasant. I tried to stick to good portions but I know that I didn't do the best job. I'm expecting a big gain this week. :(

Not looking forward to my weigh in tomorrow.

In other news, it's September and that means a new recipe!!



The Best Turkey Meatballs EVER!!!
Servings: 18 (1oz) meatballs

Ingredients


    1 (20 ounce) package 93% lean ground turkey
    1 egg, beaten
    1/3 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
    2 Tablespoons grated parmesean
    1/2 tsp sage
    2 tsp onion powder
    2 tsp garlic powder
    1 tsp salt
    1/2 tsp pepper

    As needed: Approx 1/8 cup water (Only if the meat seems dry)



Directions


1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13 inch glass baking dish and place it in the oven while preheating.

2. In a medium bowl, mix together the ground turkey, egg, bread crumbs and spices. Using an ice cream scoop if possible, form the meat into golf ball sized meatballs (about 1 oz each if weighing them). Place about 1 inch apart in the hot baking dish. Press down to flatten the bottom just slightly.

3. Bake for 15 minutes in the preheated oven, then turn them over, and continue baking for about 5 more minutes, or until somewhat crispy on the outside.

ENJOY! Perfect with sauce, 1 oz mozzarella on a 100 calorie sandwich thin for a meatball sandwich or over pasta!
 
Nutritional Breakdown
 
 

3 comments:

  1. First of all - bummer on the grandparents, but we just deal with crap like that because it's their rules. It would be nice if they recognized their behavior as an affront to your weight loss and .... dignity. Some people are so particular it makes them crazed.

    So about how many meatballs does this recipe make? I seriously still struggle with issues of portion distortion and need clear instructions and outcomes in recipes or I would make 3 giant meatballs and be like oh wow, this is only 64 calories!!!! Okay, not that bad but an idea would be nice so I don't get out of control. The recipe looks fab and I really want to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh I just followed the link it says about 18 meatballs, fab!

    ReplyDelete
  3. been reading your blog for a bit, first time commenting. Sorry about the visit with your grandparents; I'm thinking at this stage of their lives they aren't going to be open or amenable to change, so the best thing you can do is try to go with the flow when you are visiting and also tuck it in the back of your mind not to be like that years down the road when/if you are a grandmother. You might be pleasantly surprised with your weight loss this week, if not chalk it up and move on forward for next week. Those meatballs sound delicious! Will have to try them soon!

    betty

    ReplyDelete