About Me

My photo
CT, United States
I'm Kate. I'm 25 and a busy nurse journeying through life! I'm restarting my weight loss journey! I started off with Jenny Craig but now I'm doing it on my own with the support of my beautiful bloggy friends!

Sparkpeople

Join me at: SparkPeople.com

Join Sparkpeople Today! CLICK ME!

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Weigh in Eve

Tomorrow I weigh in again, does it get any easier??

I did a pretty good job eating this week even though I went out on Saturday. I was running around like nuts today and had to stop for lunch. Went to Whole Foods and got a veggie sushi roll and seaweed salad. It was good and filling and very few calories! I waited too long to eat though, I have a terrible headache. Ugh.

I am hoping for a loss tomorrow...really a small one would do! :D I've noticed that my clothes are getting VERY loose which feels great. However that also means I'm going to need some new ones soon! Which is good because I looove fall clothes. Would love to get some new things for my trip to Ireland!!

Today's recipe is one of my absolute favorites of ALL TIME. This will make me break my diet again and again...now I don't have to!


Carrot Cake
Serves: 24

Ingredients



    1 cup cake flour
    1 cup whole wheat flour
    1 cup packed brown sugar
    1/2 cup white sugar
    1 teaspoon baking powder
    1 teaspoon baking soda
    1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
    3 eggs
    1/3 cup vegetable oil
    2/3 cup buttermilk
    1 1/2 cups grated carrots



Directions


Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease and flour one 9x13 inch pan or two 9 inch round cake pans.

2. Separate eggs and beat egg whites until frothy, then continue whipping and gradually add 1/2 cup of the white sugar. Beat until stiff.

3. In a large bowl combine; the cake flour, wheat flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon, mix until blended. Add the oil and the buttermilk and mix well. Add the egg yolks and mix well. Fold in the egg whites and then the carrots. Pour batter into prepared pan.

4. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 25 to 35 minutes.
Nutritional Breakdown

No comments:

Post a Comment